585,743 active members*
4,923 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Glitches in Verify

Glitches in Verify

I finally solved my V23 verify glitch / artefact / junk problem-- the one where tools don't erase correctly and it makes a mess of the verify screen. This fix also worked for a friend with BobCAD V24 that had the same problem. I don't know if this has been posted previously, but I've never found it searching.

The usual answer is 'reinstall your video drivers' or 'fiddle with graphics acceleration settings' and 'follow the nVidia setup FAQ'. Those never fixed it all the way for me.

Here's what did (Disclaimer: This may not work for you. Mucking around in Regedit can cause massive harm to your system, so be careful)

My system is Win 7 x64, with an nVidia GeForce 8800.

I was twigged to this by a reference in the Predator version log to some OpenGL registry settings (Predator Virtual CNC is used for Verify, and it is where the problem actually lies, not BobCAD)

So, open up Regedit, and search for 'OpenGL Settings' (no quotes, but include the space). You should find some keys like this:

Code:
    OptimizeScreenUpdate   REG_SZ      ON
    OptimizeToolErase       REG_SZ      ON
    SwapCopyMode            REG_SZ      ON
    I changed them all to OFF (I tried first turning ToolErase OFF, then ScreenUpdate OFF, but things didn't get clean until I turned off SwapCopyMode. I left the others off since it was working )

There are at least two sets of these that need changing, so keep searching and changing if needed until you get to the end of the registry, then give Verify a try.

Thats cool Shred. I remember seeing something like this a few years back but never rememebered it! Bookmarked.

On my box, I only found 1 here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Predator\V irtualCNC\OpenGL Settings

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Thats cool Shred. I remember seeing something like this a few years back but never rememebered it! Bookmarked.

On my box, I only found 1 here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Predator\V irtualCNC\OpenGL Settings
    Cool. Did it help?

One PC I fixed only seemed to have one registry key, but others have had several. Some of them reflect each other, but at least one does not.. Took me a few minutes to get that one sorted.

I didnt have the issue. Just paying attention.

You MAY find some duplicates in the HKEY_USERS keys, but those should be overiden if you change the main one...

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    I didnt have the issue. Just paying attention.

You MAY find some duplicates in the HKEY_USERS keys, but those should be overiden if you change the main one...
    As I said, most of them are overridden, but two PCs now had the one main entry and some user keys. All but one of the user keys was set by the main one, but one was not. That needed to be set as well on both PCs it appeared on or the problem remained.

thanks shred&burr

this seems to have fixed my fx3800
    turned off 3 places in local machine
    turned off 3 places in users keys

thanks again

This just happened to me.. I loaded a part in my virtual cnc and went to run it and no tool was showing. I started to fool around to see if I had reset anything, and couldnt get the tool to show.. I uninstalled my predators and did a re-install from the installers located in the system files folder of the Root install (V24 BTW) and my Virtual cnc tool returned with the "trails" some people get. I tried my old "copy files from predators virtual folder" fix and that didnt work. I did a couple more tries with repairs and such, and ran the installers from my V23 system files folder... I broke the predator licensing somehow. No more backplot and still bad virtual. (By the way, I did the open gl settings in the registry and that removed the trails, however, something was wrong with my Virtual cnc as the "Image quality" dialogue was greyed and unusable.. Also, material and lighting settings from the menu no longer were available, so something was broken somewhere, so the opengl settings werent the solution. I called BobCad, and while waiting, had one more try. Since I keep the installers around, I launched the 376 update installer and chose remove. Then I launched the original full installer and chose complete. This straightened everything out. I then reran my 376 update and all is back to normal. I could do this from the installers. If I did this from the control panel add/remove it would remove the entire program in the first shot. My call to BobCad was to figure out how to de-authorize before I did the removal, but this avoided that. I dont need them now.

FYI.