585,735 active members*
4,821 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma mx45 toolchanger got stuck

Okuma mx45 toolchanger got stuck

Hi there,

Today I wanted to drill some holes in a piece of aluminium.
    I used an 28mm drill with a length of about 300mm. When I was finished, I changed the tool with the t..m6 code but the tool hit my workpiece. In a reaction I pushed the emergency-stop button and removed my work.
    I tried to resume the change cyclus but the changer won't move anymore. The toolchange command (t..m6) gives me an error. I restarted the machine a few times and tried to change the tool manualy. Nothing works.

I know this all is an stupid action, but I was a little tired and didn't pay enough attention to the machine.

The machine is an Okuma mx45VA and the tool-changer is in thesame position as it is in this video on 00:08 seconds
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLnvMF2ROmI]Okuma MX45 VAE (1997) - YouTube[/ame]

the T-arm has two tools in it and got stuck halfway.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thx!

Hmmm... lots of fun.

Once you hit the E-stop or power off the machine, you have lost your spindle orientation. You are now in a catch 22 - cant tool change since there is no orientation and can't orientate since it's in a tool change. So obviously you want to avoid both during a tool change.

You now need to find your tool changer sequence in the maintenance manual and CAREFULLY start forcing your tool changer sequence in the parameters. You must watch the tool changer to make sure it is OK to activate the sequence since you are overriding the normal cycle of events. Yes it will do what you tell it to without safety checks, so that is why YOU MUST BE CAREFUL! Start by checking your ATC sequence to see where you are and try to back up from there. Once you get the spindle orientated again, your RETURN CYCLE START should light up and you should be able to use the ATC control panel to recover from there.

If in doubt, call you Okuma rep in to show you this and train you for the first time...you will have it occur again, so it will be money well spent.

Best regards,

the problem is multiple attempts to restart the machine. Spindle tool is clamped now, spindle orientation lost. Position of magazine pocket must be checked from i/o page.
    Generally saying, it's a 10 minutes to work for experienced service man to bring Your machine out of faulty state. Next 20 minutes is ATC check - if it needs some corrections or not.
    System check mode is involved (tool change movement by pulse handle) and TS axis load monitoring.
    I would advice to ask an experienced engineer to do that job. It's very easy to run in real trouble, if You try to fix it without knowing when and what to watch. "when and what" is clear after some investigation at place, not in advance.

Re: Okuma mx45 toolchanger got stuck

Hi folks

I bought a swedish MX45VA with 2 pallets, and live in Denmark.
    Couls anyone explain what IMAP is, please?

What is MOP-TOOL?

I worked with the OSP5000M, what is different in the OSP7000M, please?

Cheers
    Allan
    3 A Production.