585,766 active members*
4,227 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Am I missing something?

I'm running a dwc90h and am wondering if there's something missing on the wire collector since we are having issues with it shorting out because the wire loops back up along the pulling wheels. Attached is a picture and can anyone tell me is there's something missing?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg  

when you say it loops back up around the pulling wheels do you mean it curls up really bad and the wheel grabs it or does it never come off the roller? I havent paid any attention to the rollers on the dwc models in years cause i packing them to go on a truck when i go to a customer but most machines have some kind of funnel behind the rollers to help guide the wire to the bucket. Also if that machine has a spring tension system to adjust the rollers you may want to drop the force on the rollers. What i usually do is unscrew the rollers until the wire slips at the highest tension that i plan on running on the machine. Once it starts to slip tighten the rollers till you see the wire fall into the bucket and form a lazy 8 pattern in the bucket. Alot of times people will snug the adjustment till the wire has a ton of memory in it causing it to feed back on itself. Also does the rollers have any grooves worn into it?