585,931 active members*
3,615 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > I.C. Engines > Anyone subscribe to Model Engine News?

Anyone subscribe to Model Engine News?

I was wondering if anyone here subscribes to Model Engine News at Ron's Model Engineering and Model IC Engines Index. Ron Chernich is the site owner. It seems to be an electronic magazine with editorials, plans, tips, etc. There is some free stuff but it is a subscription site. He offers a DVD that contains the entire site plus extras for $75 which includes lifetime membership to the site. Does anyone here have the DVD I refer to and is it worth the money? Thanks.

I subscribed a few years back. There is a members area that allows you to download the updates so the entire website is on your own computer. There is also plans for about 15 engines you can download for free.

As for worth thats up to you. For me it's worth supporting the site because I refer to it alot for information and the free plans that I never thought I would use, I now plan to use for a project. I also bought the Motor Boys CD because I have plans to use the drawings for a project also. It all goes to support the site. It's a great resource that is worth supporting.

My 2 cents

Thanks for the reply Steve. Just needed to hear from someone who has seen the other side of the site.

Regards, Kent

There is a great deal of info there, and while i'm holding off buying the $75 dvd as i'm deciding if i'm likely to actually build one of the engines, I can say the motor boys cd is great. Really well laid out plans. If the rest is as good which it seems to be, it's great value for anyone seriously looking at building I.C's, although I admit it would be far nicer to just have a single item to buy, to get the motor boys cd, and the dvd/site access in one go though.

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Thanks for the reply Ian. Greatly appreciated.