584,850 active members*
4,324 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > PlasmaCam > How to wire a new plasma torch to plasma cam??

How to wire a new plasma torch to plasma cam??

I just purchased a hypertherm power max 65 for my plasma cam. I unhooked the wiring from the old plasma cutter and reinstalled it into my new machine. I obviously hooked something up wrong as the torch will not ignite when asked to cut. It seems there is a communication issue between the brain box and the plasma cutter. Any ideas? Thank you for the help!

What model PlasmaCam? (98Z, DHC, DHC2, GoTorch, Samson). Machine torch or hand torch? Is your Powermax65 equipped with the CPC interface port?

If you are using a hand torch...then refer to the instructions that PlasmaCam supplies with their installation disc. Ther will be some cutting and splicing of wires in the torch trigger switch circuit.

If you are using a machine torch....you will need the rear panel CPC interface port (this port will not work with a hand torch for safety reasons) and a cable.

Jim Colt Hypertherm [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Bradsky View Post
    I just purchased a hypertherm power max 65 for my plasma cam. I unhooked the wiring from the old plasma cutter and reinstalled it into my new machine. I obviously hooked something up wrong as the torch will not ignite when asked to cut. It seems there is a communication issue between the brain box and the plasma cutter. Any ideas? Thank you for the help!