585,687 active members*
4,505 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Where do I find design pattern file makers for laser cutting machines?

Post Where do I find design pattern file makers for laser cutting machines?

Although it looks like most of you make your own laser cutting machine design patterns I need to have some of my patterns / files professionally crafted, does anyone know where I can hire someone to make my design patterns, using Lasercut 5.3 or any software program compatible with the LC6090?

Given that the end product would be electronic the work could be done anywhere in the world.

thanks in advance

Depends on what you want designed.

If you want a technical part, I'd contract a draftsman to do the work. If you want to do signs and trinkets, you want a graphic designer. The biggest thing is to make sure the files actually do engrave/cut well. It's not really complicated to setup the files so that it will work this way. Just takes a bit of testing.

RossMosh,

thanks for your reply, although I'm looking for a "designer" to create a pattern, I already created the pattern for the parts I simply need it translated into the format that the LaserCut program can understand for the LC6090.

Attached is one of the pieces, and all of the pieces can be found at: Armis, then click on gallery -- the images in solid black are the ones I need. The picture just above those images is an example of the finished product.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img8.gif  

More specifics (pedestal, diplomat, base, and nesting)

Thanks for the pvt messages, here is additional info:

I only need one file with the 18 pieces, 3 pedestals, and 18 bases all efficiently nested and cut out of 5.25" x 47" x .5" hardwood. I'm guessing it should yield 3.5 sets (complete 18 pieces) per run.

See photo attached for efficient nesting of parts, also notice the pedestals in the image.

Please note three things:

1) The finished state of each of the three 'sea vessels' is a horizontally position so that other pieces may 'board' them. As such the horizontal tops are placed on the pedestals then placed on bases.

2) The Diplomat needs to be redesigned, presently (see site image) the top is made of pewter and the pedestal and base are of wood. I would like it redesigned so that the whole piece is of wood. So a silloutte (sp) of a shapely woman in a flowing gown would be great.

and

3) lastly, as indicated above, the file should also include 1.25" diameter bases (not shown in the nesting photo).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg