Just curious as to what guys have done or if its been done to replace the wimpy spindle motors on the x2 mills , I originally thought that the spindle motors were all the same on these things but it turns out that by luck I got the .47 hp motor which appears to be the smallest motor supplied with these machines . Anyhow , with the belt drive from little machineshop the machine is seriously missing any amount of torque . I know that once I get into any serious cutting at high rpm then I will blow a fuse and any tool that happens to be in the spindle at the time . I tried the belt drive a while back and changed back to the stock gear system , but at this point I'm stuck with the belt drive since the machine after its first real use ate its gearing (so glad I bought chinese quality)
As it stands I've polished the spindle shaft and the bearing seats to cure the chinese version of what a tight fit is , I figured it was necessary to do so after blowing a half dozen fuses trying to get the spindle to turn with the high rpm belt setting , now the spindle turns at high rpm after a warm up on low and seems to be use-able as long as I'm not overly aggressive with my cuts(i think) , I plan to push it to its limits to see where it fails , so I'll have some fun destroying some new carbides
I'm considering a replacement motor as long as the cost isn't too great , otherwise I'll use and abuse this until there isn't much left then move onto something with some oomph to it .

has anyone come up with better spindle motor alternatives