584,861 active members*
4,996 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile My new 40W CO2 toy!

I bought a Sharplan 1040 unit. SOOOO coool, finaly got a real laser! :wee:
    All the buttons and switches work perfect and came with extra filled tanks of laser mix.
    It has no hand peace for focusing but still smokes things quick.
    I also got for a funny price.
    Opened up the top cover of the tube housing, what a sight when the laer is lasing!!

Made 7/1987

I take great care and caution operating it.

PIC
    Dennis

show us something burning.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails worthless.gif  
    menomana

I'll get pic's and video Monday. Had a very busy day today taking apart a 24+ foot inkJet printer!! It was used to print bill-boards. The guy cut up 9 of them and scraped them till I saw the last one. My eyes almost jumped out of my head. Servo motors, stepper motors, controllers, encoders, precision slides, guides...! One is better then none.
    On that printer they used servo motors to stir the paint bottle$!?
    There is about 2 miles of tubes and hoses for the ink and air.

I got just the right things for the cnc laser engraver/cutter.
    Dennis

Are you going to use the laser to etch into the granite slabs.
    If it's not nailed down, it's mine.
    If I can pry it loose, it's not nailed down.

I was thinking of using it to etch designs on the back splash. First I want to build a small engraver to practice.

This is one nicely built machine, it has a internal laser power sensor. Every time you change the power level it raises a mirror and reflects the beam on the sensor to verify that it is actually at the set level.
    Dennis

Finally got to making the video of burning some paper. The clicking is when I press the foot pedal to turn on the CO2 beam the power calibrating mirror moves out of the way to let the beam in to the telescope arm. There is no focusing lens on it. And the arm is 3 feet away when it was buring the paper. It didn't burn all the way throught because I let off just before it would. I moved the laser in to a small room while I was cleaning the work shop so I made the video there.
    I got pricing for a tank of laser mix and it is ~$100 for a 200 cylinder that is 51 inches tall 9 wide.
    Video
    Dennis