584,866 active members*
5,200 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Lathes > Alarms at power up, 320v power supply fault?

Alarms at power up, 320v power supply fault?

Hi All.

Once per day, at the beginning of my day, when powering up my 2008 Haas SL10, I get the following alarms:

Alarm 292 - 320V Power Supply Fault
    Alarm 160 - Low Voltage
    Alarm 646 - VAC Input/Phase Fault
    Alarm 903 - CNC Machine Powered Up
    Alarm 648 - DC Bus Shorted Fault

If I power off the machine and power it back up, no alarms out of the ordinary and it will run all day, until it is powered down for the night and powered back up the next day. I have checked input voltage on all 3 phases and across the phases, all is good. Is something about to die that I need to replace before it takes something else out with it, or do I just keep on trucking until it no longer powers up? Just when I was commenting on how reliable the SL10 was..

Sorry to hear that, but it kind of sounds like the power supply is going.

If it is repeatable every morning at power on, talk to your dealer about having a tech put one in for a few days for troubleshooting and see if it goes away. If it does not, then they can put the old one back in and move on to something else. If it goes away, then keep running and pay for the power supply.

Yes, you will have to pay to have the tech put the p-supply in, but at least you will not have to pay for the part if it doesn't fix the problem. Also, you will get a 90 day warranty if it is the problem.

Best to do it now while you can "schedule" the down time as opposed to waiting for several days for a tech to show up when you are up against a deadline.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Well, no worries about the scheduled downtime, went to power up machine today, and no alarm for the power, but after the machine ran for 10 minutes, the poorly designed cable for the turret unclamp switch broke where it meets the "strain relief".

The last 7 days with this 2008 SL10 have been pretty bad for business. The coolant hose sprung a leak last week, and after the local parts guy failed again at getting the right part, I gave up and went to the hardware store for braided hose and fixed that, only to have 2 new problems.

So now, I'll get the cable for the turrett switches and run the machine until the power supply fails, while looking for a new machine.

The big question, will it be another Haas? Granted, the SL10 was pretty reliable for the previous 488,000 tool changes and my part time schedule.

The new ST-10 is better than the SL-10. Haas is currently focused on improving the quality of their products. Take a look:

Haas ST-10 | Haas Automation, Inc. | CNC Machine Tools
    Thanks,
    Ken Foulks

Quote Originally Posted by locash View Post
    ......Granted, the SL10 was pretty reliable for the previous 488,000 tool changes and my part time schedule.
    What, less than half a million tool changes in three years. One of mine went past a million in a bit less than 5 years and is probably pushing two million now.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/haas_m...nges_sl10.html
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Yeah, part time schedule here, or I would easily have double that..

Ordered a new ST10 last week too.. Once it gets here I can take the SL10 offline and figure out the power supply issue.. Until then, keep on trucking!