KK here is the plans for what i want to set up at home...
base dimension 3x3 t slot extrusion frame work: 36" x 48" x axis Y axis in the 34 inch range.
Gantry same materials 3x3 t slot extrusion with a z axis of roughly 4 inches.

planning for moderate aluminum cutting up to 1 inch thick 6061 plate for automotive parts. some thinner mild steels up to 1/2 inch thickness. and last 1/4 inch aluminum plates for my gauge clusters.. If it doesnt look that it can do steel I can live with that aluminum is primary parts I am looking to make?

First question is motor setup planning of max ipm of 15 slow cutting so i can make sure the thing is staying to what I need it to do. maximum speed 100 ipm. What motor torque and type of motor would be good? would a microstep stepper work in this application? Is this a reasonable or pipe dream for the speed of the unit?

Linear rails yes no? I am look at the one that have the recessed bolt holes all along the rail so i can t nut it directly to the 80/20 extrusion to help prevent flexion. Same with the gantry y axis as well. Z axis was looking at an linear motion unit from thk.

for the x axis was going to sync to ball screw units together if that is possible?
y axi ball screw unit as well looking for recommendations on pitch and size of screw unit for this purpose?

Also looking for recommendations on the cutting head for this machine? Would a 3/8 chuck drive router work or do I need something stronger?
This is to get my ideas trolling adn started.... Will workon controls and programming after the frame work is built n assembled. Plus I can hide it from the wife easier :P .
Thanks
Sean Wolff RN