584,802 active members*
4,926 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fagor 800T Following Error

Hello all,

My 800T is reporting a "following error" on Z whenever the feedrate gets above a certain point. This happens whether I'm using the handwheel or during a program cycle. I have all of the manuals for both the control and the servo drives. I've looked at the servo parameter setup section in the Fagor manual as well as the section in the drive manual. My question is which should I try first - turning the pots on the drive or changing parameters on the control? Either way, it looks like the best thing to do is write a quick program to move Z back and forth in a loop while watching the following error on the control display.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoDan View Post
    it looks like the best thing to do is write a quick program to move Z back and forth in a loop while watching the following error on the control display.

That is a good idea. That's what Fagor provides with their turnkey packages for users to tune their drives.

What kind of drives do you have? Your best bet would be to make that program and tune your signal gain and also check the balance. Should be as close to o as possible when you hit cycle stop and are viewing the following error.

Re: Fagor 800T Following Error

If you open the door to access drive cards switch on with pliers (insulated just in case!) on the left are X and Z axis drive cards the larger one is Z there should be a
    green LED on each card if enabled, if Z axis LED is pink or feint red get your wife,mother,girlfriends hair dryer and blow hot air on card for 2 mins approx until LED
    turns green and drive is enabled, I have fitted hair dryer permanently in my cabinet with switch on headstock with warning light in case someone forgets its on.
    this works on mine used to take 4 hours or more to warm up before, saves a load of money for new card and engineer to change it