584,833 active members*
5,612 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Looking for training book on Mastercam post processors
Page 1 of 2 12

Looking for training book on Mastercam post processors

I'm interested in learning how to edit and create post processors for Mastercam, however, I would like to approach this endeavor at my own pace. I know that from time to time, different companies offer classes on this topic and while I'm not opposed to taking one of these classes I would like to find a good training guide on this subject, does one exist anywhere?

Ask your reseller to send you a copy of the Mastercam Post Reference document (Basic Posts Class). It's about a 47MB file, so you'll need to have an FTP available, or have them send it to you on CD or something...

Thanks John, I didn't know that was available, I'll give them a call on Monday.

Chris Figgatt, there is another guy named Chris Figgatt (weird, I know) looking for the same thing here:
    Looking for training book on Mastercam post processors - Practical Machinist - Largest Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web

Check with the "wiz" over there. He is a huge help in this matter. He's got the down low low down download you need.
    Tim

Thanks Tim,

That's me on PM too. I replied to cadcamwiz and he shoudl be sending me a .pdf on Basic Post Building, I'm also checking with our reseller to see if I can get a copy of the Mastercam Post Reference document from the Baisc Posts class.....sounds like it may be the same thing that cadcamwiz is sending but we'll see.

Yeah, I just figured I'd let anyone else reading this that there was a lot of help regarding this offered over there just in case someone else needs it.

Oh, and just a general rule: Make your Reseller work for their money!!!

:cheers:
    Tim

Mastercam Post

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Ask your reseller to send you a copy of the Mastercam Post Reference document (Basic Posts Class). It's about a 47MB file, so you'll need to have an FTP available, or have them send it to you on CD or something...
    Any idea if it is possible to download this file?

Sure it can be downloaded, if you can find a MC reseller who has it on their server with a link to download it from... My local reseller didn't so all they could do was try to e-mail it, which didn't work due to the size of the file. They wound up burning it to a CD and mailing it to me.

I got a guide from my reseller not too long ago, if you want it i'll post it here

Please post it!

Glad to help

Yeah. You will need to host it off site and then just put a link here.

ya it is a few megs to big..
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

yeah, thats working

ya what is working
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/70069247/MP_...ntation.zipthe dropbox link to the MP documentation i edited into my earlier post

Thanks!!!

Thanks a million for the documentation. It helped me also a whole lot. Happy reading.

Re: Looking for training book on Mastercam post processors

Helloo,

A little bit old topic, but is there still a copy of MP_documentation moving around?
    I would like to learn about post processors and edit them as i wish, i have a little programming backround, so well see, will it be easy or not...

Maybe can someone send me a link to dropbox or something?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12