585,975 active members*
4,882 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Carbon FIbre (1.5mm) CNC Routing

Hi,

New to the forum, so Hi to all. Apologies in advance if the request is a little sketchy, but please feel free to respond with questions so that I can clarify.

I am looking for someone who can cut me some small plates from a 1.5mm sheet of prepreg Carbon Fibre. The plates are approx 50mm x 35mm shaped as in the image below.

I would be able to provide the CF sheet and would require 80 plates to be cut out.

The CF sheet would be 150mm (W) x 400mm (L) so that 20 plates could be cut from each. The length could be reduced if necessary to fit.

Hope this makes sense.

Below is a rough drawing of one of the plates. A second type of plate would be required with a 25mm hole in the centre.

I've also attached a drawing of a 'prototype' I've made using a hacksaw and file - please excuse my poor skills!!

carbon parts

I have a dedicated machine for cutting pre preg carbon parts. I have 2mm 3mm carbon in stock but if you want to free issue no probs. Send me a pm and we can arrange the details.

Just a follow up contract was awarded to me and i have delivered happy comments recieved from Jeboa Interested in any other carbon parts if anyone requires.
    [email protected]

Thanks

In response to Peters thread, I just wanted to add my thanks for his excellent work.

The parts he has produced are of top quality to exact tolerance. He helped every step of the way with CAD drawings and almost photo quality renders, then provided a sample to ensure things were exactly what were required (for a volume run).

I would have no hesitation in using Peter for further work...in fact, I hope to again very soon.

Hi,we are a precision machining supplier from China.We can provide reliable quality and good price to you.You can send email to [email protected] for free quotationThanks.

Jaja
    [email protected]