585,722 active members*
4,507 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question G65 local variables help

Hi guys,
    I just found this site and was hoping some of you season vets would be able to help me with variables.
    Here's my dilema:
    My company bought Gibbscam in hopes to prototype our parts faster rather than hand writting the codes. Gibbscam is outputting one file with a master and sub together. When our customize loader program runs that file, it would alarm out because the T,H,D would not match with the subs. I read there was a way to use G65 to pass the T,H,D into the sub. Can anyone give me an example using this command?

Need more detailed Info

If you can send me to my e-mail address the part of the file and point out what namely causes the problem, I hope I will be able to help you.

Send me the txt.file

I have the sollution :banana:

If you don't want subs, you can click off the "Prefer subs" box in either the pocketing or pofiling operation box on Gibbs.

I would suggest that if Gibbs is not posting output that matches your requirements, you ask to get the post changed.

Gibbs is a great CAM package, and fantastic for producing correct code in a very short period of time.

G65 variables

The variables are passed to the sub by letters that associate with numbers. For instance, A=variable #1, H=variable #11, D=variable #7, etc.

The code might look like this:

call statement...
    G65 P1 D12 H3 Z-2.0

sub O1....
    O1
    G0G90
    X5.0Y3.0
    G43Z#26H#11
    G41X5.0Y3.0D#7
    etc, etc
    M99

The variables are loaded with the approriate values at the time of the call and transferred to the sub. Check your manuals for the complete list of variable associations.

Dave

Go to NCplot.com and download a trial of the editor. It has a lot of info in it on macro
    programming.

Thanks for the advice guys:
    After reading the replies, I took the sample macro codes and used it in my dummy program. The custom program loader gave me no hiccups and when I loaded the program into the machine, it split into two files (master and sub).
    Gibbs does this file naming scheme thats different from our program naming scheme:
    You can have a file name that could be anything but when you load the master and sub, it has to be numerical.
    If your running production and prototype on the same machine, how would you delegate the numerical program scheme so that the machinist will not get confuse?

Quote Originally Posted by I.C.O.N.
    Go to NCplot.com and download a trial of the editor. It has a lot of info in it on macro
    programming.
    Download NCPlot Bata V2. you get 60 days of full use and a key is only $75.00 per seat. It has fully functional sub-programming and G65 Fanuc Macro B Type back Plotting. www.ncplot.com

I am learning Macros with this and it is great.

BTW: Gpestarters check your Private Meassages.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com