585,735 active members*
4,797 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Magnum Phoenix EZ CNC wood lathe

There are some very old posts on this lathe, however I've purchased one and it seems nobody is still around from the posts. I was hoping to use the unit as is. I plan to use an old windows 95 ... or older comp to run the software.
    Any information or help on it would be greatly appreciated. I don't have any manuals, I did find a post with the pinouts(serial connector)
    . The unit is 90's vintage and looks like new.

Phoenix wood lathe-software needed

I think we have something in common. I have a Phoenix wood lathe that I want to get online. I had the software on a floppy at some point-cant find it now. Like you said, there is very little info to be found about those. I have the books on the lathe itself and for programming. I just need the software! I can help you with the books-maybe scan into a PDF. Can you help, or can you point me in the right direction? I am going to run production on mine. Drill and turn an abrasive foam composite that is part of a groundwater leeching pump. Need to hold +/-.005 dia over 20 inches, and hold .01 on length.

Phoenix lathe software

I dont have the origional software for the lathe, but I did locate the software for the router, which may be quite simular. I haven't had a chance to really check it out. I did locate a post in which the person used Umbuntu Linux and EMC2 software. Umbuntu can be loaded on any computer, will set up a second operating systme which you can boot to.
    The EMC2 software and unbuntu are free to use and what I have heard it is a good way to go.. The link for the website for the EMC2 download is KCam, EMC2, Mach3, TurboCNC,and other CNC related software links.
    I am preparing to move the lathe into my basement and then will try getting it up and running. A manual would be great.

Phoenix wood lathe

I would think the router software is very similar. This is what I would if I could-I already have all the documentation for the original software. I will be back in CA in the next week or two. I will make an index of the info available to me, and then you can tell me what you need. I can scan pages into a PDF to email you.

My lathe has what appears to be a parallel cable, and an irregular power connector. Maybe 220 single phase or ?. If you can, please send me the original. Thanks,

Scott

phoenix dos software

Attached is the phoenix router dos software. I don't have a computer with a systme for running dos programs.(win 98 or older) An individual did suggest using DosBox (downloadable program, freeware) DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS
    Attached Files Attached Files

Phoenix software-Thank you

Thank you very much for the effort to get me that program. I am gonna take a look at it and see where I am at. I will get you all documentation on that thing I can. Will be at least a week before I have work again in California. I would go get the info for you anyways, but I am 200+ miles away.

Would you please keep your eyes out for the actual lathe software?? Did you say that you don't have it, or that you don't have the install file? Any and all info is appreciated!

Scott

I havent been able to locate the lathe software. I will keep looking and contact you with any information I aquire.

ez cnc software

You may want to compare this software to the manuals. It is a dos based lathe program about the right vintage and the name is close.
    E Z CNC is an old software
    hope its right,
    bob

phoenix magnum ez software

I am working with a company that believes they may have the software for my Phoenix magnum cnc lathe. My lathe has the MAE HY200 motors. If I can purchase the right program I will leave a link.

Thanks for the effort

I appreciate that you are still trying to find that software for me. You are the one that needs the manual, right? I am in CA and might be able to do something about that this week.

Scott

I have a phoenix ez wood lathe, with easycadg dos programing, I have no manual or instructions and am looking for a manual to help in set up and operation. Would this program be of use to you -if so would you be able
    to send the manual in a file?