Hi all, new guy here in sunny Kalamazoo, Michigan. Dad bought the book from buildyourcnc.com and we've finished building a modified version of that machine with a 3x3' x/y table and about 8" of z.

Setting up the electronics now and I've got the wiring figured out all right, but I'm not sure about what numbers to feed EMC2.

As part of the software setup, the stepconf wizard wants to know the following timing values for the driver board: Step time, Step space, Direction hold, Direction Setup, and whether it steps on the rising or falling edge of the pulse.

See, for example, the table at the EMC2 wiki:

EMC Documentation Wiki: Stepper Drive Timing

and this page from the EMC2 docs:

Configuration Wizard for Stepper-Based Machines

We have CW230 drivers (like this one here: Step Motor Driver, 3A Max, CW230-MPJA, Inc. ) Manufacturers like Gecko and Xylotex apparently have all of the timing values published in their datasheets, but I can't find the similar numbers for the CW230. I've been googling for like two days now and I'm starting to get frustrated. Also I don't have handy access to a oscilliscope, so unless somebody close by has one I can borrow, I'm running out of ideas.

Can anyone help me out with the right values so I can feed them to EMC2? Or, alternately, if someone else has EMC2 working with the CW230 drivers, could you tell me what numbers you decided to use?

I'm cross-posting this in the EMC2 forum in case someone there can help.

Thanks in advance, and can't wait to start making chips!