585,906 active members*
3,690 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 8 1234
    It handles it very well. the transfer ball setup is the same as we use on our main machine at work. We just remove the plate and soak it in solvent.
    mike

I may have to try something like that for my O/A torch setup. That should help eliminate any problems dealing with warped pieces (common for us who find scrap much cheaper than new for the quantity dealt with), and different thicknesses.

Dave

Dave
    the transfer balls are available from ww. grainger.
    mike

Mike,
    Thanks. Grainger has a warehouse here in Wichita. I'll have to check that out.

Dave

corrected plans

Here are the plans with known mistakes corrected
    mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the update. When I found this website by accident I had hoped to get some information about building my own CNC plasma table, as I am not very sharp when it comes to this kind of thing. Not only did I stumble on a great web site, but also a place where people are willing to share what they know.

Thanks
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Lakesailor
    Thanks for the update. When I found this website by accident I had hoped to get some information about building my own CNC plasma table, as I am not very sharp when it comes to this kind of thing. Not only did I stumble on a great web site, but also a place where people are willing to share what they know.

Thanks
    Karl
    Karl,

You're right! This is a great place, or at least it has been for me so far. I have been on several forums where people are less than friendly about sharing information. Insisting that you search no less than 84 times for every possible mis-spelling of what you are searching for and then complain that as a newbie you should read every other post before posting your own question... It is good to know that there are places where people are willing to share their knowledge and this is one of those places.

Dave

Hello Everyone Im New To This Sight And Interested In Building A Cnc Plasma Table While Searching Around On This Sight I Thouhgt I Came Across A Material List For A Table Someone Built But Now I Cant Find It Can Anyone Help Me
    Thanks James

is a screw drive the best way to go on the cnc plasma table?

Question Considerations

JAMTRE;
    There is a list of electrical components, for the free plans in this thread, in post # 32 of the thread at the following link:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...t=13906&page=3

The free plans to download from the thread you are at now, are back a few messages, and include a parts list for the table as you will find if you print them out.

KSKID
    There are several types of screw drives used on the many CNC plasma machines fellow builders have put together.

Threaded rod is used for some router machines & the occasional plasma table. It is attractive to some because of low initial cost. Operating speed & accuracy tend to be at the low end of the scale.

Ball screws are much higher in cost to purchase & are toward the high end of accuracy considerations.

Acme screws are somewhere in between both of the above.

Some would answer your question that, yes, screw drives are best. Cables, chains, rack & pinion, & timing belts have all been used sucessfully for drive mechanisms. As in life, there are many choices & considerations. :argue:

Thanks for your reply, i was wondering if you could tell me the pros and cons of the "timing belt" drive, this one really caught my eye for simplicity, ease of setup, cost, etc., the design that user "trevorhinze" was the one that i studied to come up with my conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by mlaws1172
    A friend has ask me to put together a bolt together kit for him, based on these plans. If anyone else is interested let me know.
    mike laws

I would be extremely interested in this version if you do it. I have looked and can't find anymore information about this version.

Thanks,Scott

Scott
    I did put one together but I did not draw up any plans. Sorry. I would draw something up but I am in up to my neck right now. I will help any way I can
    mike

Plans

I have successfully printed the plans out but there is still way to much information on each sheet to read. Is ther any way to separate the drawings? Also did you ever get the wiring finished?
    Sorry for all of the questions. I am a real noob at CAD and am trying to learn.
    Scott

If you are using acad or other cadd program, descide what Items you do not want to see on your plot then use the layer freeze, and plot it out then use the previous layer button and then do the same thing for all the sheets, and it will not be so cluttered. (this will only work if the person who created the file set the layering up properly, or you can creat your own and put the items in the accordingly.

Joe

Scott
    I don't know what cad you use but most a place in the plot (print) area that says window. If you click on that it will let you select the area you print. Let me know if this helps. I can also print out a set on 24"x 36" paper and send them. The cost would be $20 for the 7 pages.
    I have the electrical plan but it is not finished. As soon as I can I will get it posted.
    mike

Awsome! I might never get around to this by the time I finish my other CNC projects, but it's always something to learn from and even better to see that others are willing to share their designs.

Thanks!

great plans

Well for my first post I will say great plans!!
    I also printed the drawings out in pieces and have saved the whole thing in PDF format so its printable on normal 8.5x11 paper.

Welcome to CNC Zone

Quote Originally Posted by 70cyclone
    Well for my first post I will say great plans!!
    Hi 70cyclone, :wave:

Welcome to CNC Zone.

There is a lot of help available here to take advantage of.

I wish you well with your CNC project. Nice trick using a PDF save.

Hi 70 cyclone
    If you don't mine post the pdf here. I have a lot of people who want look at the plans and that would be alot better way to view them
    mike

Page 2 of 8 1234