584,829 active members*
4,951 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Duality Lathe Post-processor

I am currently using MasterCam X2 for my 1100 and have added a new lathe,:drowning: and am curious if anyone might have a MasterCam lathe post that works well with a Duality lathe? I have tried some that I though might work but no luck yet.

I'm an X3 user with a Duality lathe. I'm using the generic fanuc 2X lathe post processor. It works OK except Mach3 does not process G28 U0. W0. commands

Are you having troubles with your G02 & G03 being reversed? Thats a Mach3 config issue. If so PM me and I'll tell you more.

Barry
    Tormach PCNC1100, Mach 3 R3.043.037, MastercamX5 level 3.

I believe that at one time I had a post that gave me the same G28 problem and I just deleted the G28 line from the post completely? What do you think about just removing them?

Quote Originally Posted by btu44 View Post
    Are you having troubles with your G02 & G03 being reversed? Thats a Mach3 config issue. If so PM me and I'll tell you more.
    Barry,

I just discovered the G02/G03 issue with my Duality (Fanuc 2X post processor). It took a little while to figure out to change R value to a negative and switch code with G02 to G03 (and vice versa for G03). Could you post the Mach3 configuration change here or direct me to a thread that discusses it? I'm able to make the necessary compensations, but I'd rather not have to, that way I never have to worry about forgetting to make the change.

Thanks.

If you have access to the Mach3 configuration menus, find 'Turn Options'
    Uncheck 'Reversed Arc's in Front Post'

If you don't have access to the config menu, call Tormach for help, I'm sure they can.

Keep in mind that the Mach3 Turn Wizards generate code that is arc reversed. So if you only use MC no problem. But if you use both Wizards and MC you'll need to be able to change this turn option as needed.

Good luck
    Tormach PCNC1100, Mach 3 R3.043.037, MastercamX5 level 3.

Quote Originally Posted by btu44 View Post
    If you have access to the Mach3 configuration menus, find 'Turn Options'
    Uncheck 'Reversed Arc's in Front Post'
    Excellent! Thanks for the input. I'm not ready to unlock Mach3 yet. I need to focus on learning other stuff first before I open up that world. As long as I remember to compensate for it, I'll be in good shape.

Keep in mind that the Mach3 Turn Wizards generate code that is arc reversed. So if you only use MC no problem. But if you use both Wizards and MC you'll need to be able to change this turn option as needed.
    Good to know. I haven't used wizards much, but I'll make a note that this has to be switched.

Thanks again.