585,591 active members*
2,660 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Brisbane cnc group

Hi i'm looking to see if there's a Brisbane cnc group? It looks like there used to be , is it still going or has it died? I hope not as a new cnc machiner in brisbane ill be involed in anything as I need all the help I can get. I want to learn as much as i can about cnc and mach3. Let me know what's happening ok.
    Thanks Dom

Smile

GDay All,

GDay Dominic, I've been a long time member of the 'Zone' but I think this is my first post.

Anyhow, I wouldn't mind joining a Machinists group in Brisbane. Either manual or CNC would be fine by me. The more the merrier I say.

I've been in the metal industry for a number of years, just learning machining though.

Anyone know of any such groups in Brisbane?

Regards
    Andy M

some help

Hi Dominic
    WOOHOO finally got my zone registration email so this is my very first post here. I have been reading your post and may be in a position to help you, even though I have reasonably limited experience with mach3. I do have a Super X3 that i've converted to cnc that I run with mach3 (somewhat unconvincingly) and am currently building a new machine from scratch.

For your problem I think you need to setup some home position senors/switches in order to position the machine to or from a reference point on each axis.
    The first thing you need to find out is weather your machine has a breakout board for the unused pins on your com cable?(rs232 or other) If so then setting up some limit/home switches is going to be easy. I have a draw full of second hand micro switches that will serve the purpose fine.

I only live around the corner in springwood so if you want to organise a time to meet im only to happy, although i work all week and most saturdays so sundays are the best time for me
    Cheers
    Matt

Hi All,

There was some interest here late last year:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/austra...ane_group.html

I'd like to see an informal get together to share experiences. Hopefully this will stir some new interest. All we need is a place and a time. Any suggestions?

Regards

Chrisjh

GDay All,

Chrisjh, I'm up for it.

It would seem that we are mostly in the same area.

Name a time and place and I'll be there.

Gilhooley's at Meadowbrook (Near Logan Hospital) isn't a bad spot, but there are others.

Regards
    Andy M

Hi fellas

Sounds good to me. But I have one thing with the pub, because I'm half deaf it depends on when we go to what ill be able to hear. Saturday or Sunday no good, will be too noisy for me.

Also since posting I no longer have a working machine as my control box has gone on the blink. Not sure what's wrong with it. Power going in but nothing coming out. I accidentally hit one of the material clamps with the spindle tool and it stopped dead and hasn't woken up yet.

Ill be up for a casual meeting though. We could go to Gilhooley's one night during the week. I think that would be better for me.

Cheers Dom

I'm not far from Maleny and would be interested in getting to know people in a local group...Brissy is local for me tho does anyone know if there is one on the Sunny coast?

Regards.

Hi,

I can volunteer to meet at my place at Algester (south side of Brisbane) for an initial get together. I'm with Dominic, can't hear in a noisy social environment!!

If people PM me, I can give everyone an email address to set up a meeting.

For those persons who were not part of the original Brisbane group, I have 2 CNC Machines, a fair bit of experience which I can pass on, and can teach people how to set up Mach3, write G Code etc.

Regards

Chrisjh

Local guys

Hi all
    I would be very keen to see what the local home shop guys are up to. I have an X3 and have been playing with cnc for a few years now. Not sure how much knowledge I can offer but I always willing to learn new stuff.
    Any idea what dates are available for a get together?
    Cheers
    millermat

Brisbane CNC Group Get together

Hi All,

If people PM me with their email address and phone number, I will organize to meet at my place at Algester. Hopefully in around 4 weeks time.

Regards

Chrisjh

GDay All,

For some reason I haven't been receiving any notifications of your replies.

Thanks for the PM Dom

Chris, count me in, there's a PM in your inbox.
    Regards
    Andy M

Hi all
    Looking forward to chris's play day.
    Cheers
    Millermatt(wedge)

Hi I would like to give this message to my customer in Brisbane, but could anybody let me know the contact? We are manufacturer of CNC router, laser engraving machine, cnc plasma cutter.
    Amanda Cheung from OMNI, www.omni-cnc.com,
    [email protected], Skype: omni-cnc

Re: Brisbane cnc group

Hi guys, any news for the further meetings?