Ok, it is looking like I got caught with my pants down, I had purchased and made up a battery holder to keep power to things while changing the bios battery but had not changed the battery out yet, one of those " When I get done with this project I will do it" things.
Well any way, two days ago my Mill, a Arrow 1000 with a 2100 controller, was reluctant to boot, taking a couple of attempts, coming up with a black screen looking for a boot disc in drive A:
When it did boot up, it stalled on a green screen with a message in a white box, can't remember what that message was but think it might have said I needed to reset my clock...but then it moved forward after sitting on the screen and then said the operation timed out, multiple set ups missing and then booted up through some different screens eventually making it to the home screen.
I finished the Job I had loaded, shut it down and proceeded to change the Bios Batteries, I only found one battery, have not located a second one, thinking my Mill only has one Battery?
but any way...now on to the real problem, It will not boot up.
After the Battery change, it came up to the Black screen again, still looking for a boot disc, but in the text it also said the Battery test had failed.
Trying again, same results but no longer shows a battery fail message.

I am guessing..I have lost the bios settings? and those will need to be reconfigured? How do I find those settings and do this, I have no Boot disc. Will I need a boot Disc?
I have a disk that came with the machine when new but the machine does not recognize it as a boot disc, when I try to open the disc on a normal PC, windows does not know what to use to open it, but it looks to be some type of back up file format. The File is M1Y-2449.BCK The Disc its self is Marked with the !000 ERO Arrow 7049-AOA-96-0076 SI-AZI00IY-2449 M/C Data dated 13-12-96
once again, any help with this matter will be greatly appreciated!

Please remember this is "Mill Repairs for Dummies" time so the more detail and step by step information the better!

Thank you, Bill