Folks,

I have a machine that I am taking delivery of this Saturday which uses an A06B-6096-H304 3 axis servo drive. This is powered by an A06B-6081-H103 power supply module. The power supply module lists the rated input as 200-230v. Some reading has indicated that this faceplate rating is the nominal range and that it has a tolerance of -15% to +10%, which would make the highest acceptable input voltage 253V.

In my shop, the utility power is 240v single phase and I'm using a rotary phase converter to provide the 3 phase power. No-load readings give me an average of 246v and a maximum imbalance of 1.8% across any two phases. I would expect the voltages under load to actually drop slightly.

My question is whether this input, while it appears to be technically within tolerance, is too high for practical use because it does not allow enough margin on the high end to allow for utility power transients. I'd prefer to avoid the purchase of a step-down transformer if I can, but I also don't want to put any of the electronics at risk. Is the power usable as-is, or do I need to step it down?

Thanks!

Dave