585,942 active members*
3,555 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Multicam 5000

Was wondering if anyone had a manual for these machines. Or maybe an experienced user I could exchange emails too? I have been running one for 3 years now and still find my self not finding where a problem is.

Multicam 5000

I do have a manual for this machine but I can tell you that there is no troubleshooting section in the manual. This manual is more operational instruction then a manual of how to fix this machine. There are a couple of Ex-Multicam techs, myself being one that follow the post on this forum and there are more then a few owner/operators on this forum that can help you with issues. Post, you never know the depth of information you might receive.

Thank you, sounds good! Okay first off. I am getting a

Motor fault4

Z

Blink count 5

pretty much anytime the machine tries to move up on the z axis I get a this blink count and cannot proceed to run. I have had this blink count before and have fixed it to these reasons below.

1. I have replaced the servo motor before myself. Took the belt off and spun the motor myself and it is definitively still in good working condition. I am talking about the servo motor that runs the z axis.
    2. Our screw ball has been cleaned and oiled so there should be no tension inside or outside the sealed bearing on the bottom of the screwball.
    3. I have replaced the z ball wire and wheel because my cable on the z axis had broke before hand due to chip on that pneumatic wheel that powers the cable up and down.

my idea of what it could be?

1. cables are crimped somewhere in the tracks creating low voltage to the servo motor.
    2. the magnetic break thing onto of the screwball??
    3. something wrong with the bottom part of the screwball bearing area?

whats frustrating is I can never get a tech to come out anytime soon and they are very unreliable it getting you service when you need it the most. They will come out and tell me whats wrong and have to order a part from texas and than wait another week. Its just crap on how they take care of there people. Like our company cant talk to texas without going through west. Let me know what yall think!!

Multicam 5000

Easy way to eliminate the brake on the Z is to turn on your machine and remove the brake...just a note to others that read this post...when you remover the brake....it is only a matter of removing 2 bolts on either side of the brake..these bolts are 5mm bolts...DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT remove the 4 little bolts holding the brake together to remover the brake. It is a PAIN IN the _ _ _ to put back together and if your do get it back together...there is a good chance it will not work correctly.

I digress....With the brake removed, try to home your machine out...if it operates correctly...then you have a issue with your brake...not releasing, try this...with lift assist on your machine the spindle should stay in a raised position as long as air is on the cylinders.