585,763 active members*
4,193 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Kitamura > I got a new to me Mycenter 4

I got a new to me Mycenter 4

I got a 85 Mycenter 4 back in October and have finally gotten around to setting it up. I am assuming the machine is 220v 60hz since its been used in America since new. My second question is wiring. I have to run about 150 feet of wire but I'm not 100% sure what the power requirements are for the machine. I'm doing all of this from savings so the plan is to just have an electrician do a look over instead of having him mess around with running cable all.day.

Thanks,
    Grant

Should be a KVA rating on the name plate of the enclosure door.

Awesome, thank you very much. Now I can really get into trouble!

Wasn't able to find any labels with power ratings besides the plate with the HP ratings and work envelope. I did notice that the power feed went into a 100 amp breaker so I will make sure to get cable that's rated for that. Also figured out I do have 3 phase power to the building so that's nice.

I got the machine all wired up and it turns on but im having a few issues and i keep finding dead ends.

First Alarm is EX04 Fuse Open Alarm (Power Panel). The only fuses i see back there are in the top left corner behind a computer board. I ohm'd them all out and all got 0ohms. As i type this i remember there being two more in the top right corner so i will test those soon.

Next alarm is EX06 Emergency Stop. I have no idea about this one, the stop button is reset so im ASSUMING it has something to do with EXO4 but i have no idea. All of the fluids are topped off minus coolant.

Im also getting EX08 spindle stop. Again im not sure about this one. I can't find much in the book about this or what causes this. I didn't have this issue until i got the air hooked up.

I set up an appointment for the Kitamura repairman to come out but he is booked until the 23rd.

Thanks for any help,
    Grant

I am making progress at a snails pace.

I even made a crappy little video that may help or not.

While i was messing around i noticed how the majority of the switches and buttons did nothing so i pulled the panel below the screen and one of the large connectors came lose and all of the switches now light up when you turn them on. I also lost the EX06 emergency stop alarm when this got resolved.

So i noticed when i flip the little breaker next to the main breaker some things changed. 3 of the lit up relays(it was originally only 1) turn off and a red light on a board on the back wall turns off too. I also loose alarm EX04 (fuse open alarm) and gain EX06 (emergency stop), and EX11 (2nd limit switch working). This probably means nothing to anybody but oh well.

Another thing i noticed in the bottom right corner of the screen it says
    ***** JOG RESET *****[EMG]******* LMK
    /\ im assuming i have to get this over to jog reset to make it move?

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Emg is holding you back.

Check phase rotation, especially if it has a hydraulic unit

Air pressure

And make sure there are either no door switches, or they are bypassed, especially on the cabinet with the tape reader.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Emg is holding you back.

Check phase rotation, especially if it has a hydraulic unit

Air pressure

And make sure there are either no door switches, or they are bypassed, especially on the cabinet with the tape reader.
    Phase rotation as in the 3 phases of power coming to the machine? If i switch 2 of the wires something will either get worse or better i take it? I measured a consistent 246.5V on all 3 phases plus or minus .1 volt. Could this be to high?

Air pressure is good and set at 90psi as per the manual. (thats one of the few parts i could understand!)

I will double check the door switches with the ohm meter.

Thanks to you and Mike! Hopefully i will get this sorted soon enough.

Can't hurt to try, unless you have a stinger leg, be carefully what leg you put that on.

Oh, thank you so much! Machine got alot louder its obvious more things are turning now.

Still have the Spindle Stop alarm but i think im alot closer now.

The bottom right corner now says

***** JOG STOP *********** LMK [ALM] <in flashing red

Oh, thank you so much! Machine got alot louder its obvious more things are turning now.

Hopefully i can get this sorted on Thursday, have class all day tomorrow.

Hopefully i can get this resolved Thursday, now i don't want to go to class tomorrow lol.

It works now, got it to move around last thursday. Thanks to everyone who gave me pointers. I really appreciate it! Still have some small issues but i will work those out i think. Now i just have to teach myself how to program this bad boy.

Thanks!