585,729 active members*
4,862 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile Post Processing

Hi,
    New to Dolphin PartMaster but not to cnc or programming just purchased the hobby version of the lathe software, I would like to say that for the price this is nice easy to use software so far. I am trying to edit a post to output code for a Fagor 8055T and need to debug the file so that I know where the cldata is coming from and how it is being used by the rules in the post processor. I noticed in the documentation that if the DCAM is started with a /d it would output cldata to an asc file for this purpose I assume, where do you put the /d in the ppr file?
    I would also like to know if there is any more documentation on the post processor because the one I downloaded from the Dolphin USA site directs you to sections of the manual that are not or do not seem to be present.
    I have written posts in other post processing softwares that use similar formats but they came with more editing features unless I am missing something.:violin:

Editing posts can be a bit of a hassle. I'd rather see if they will do it for you.

Thanks for the reply harley4ever!
    I agree with you 100% about trying to find a post that will do it for you, but it has been my experience that finding one that does not require a great deal of edits to the gcode posted is an adventure. I also agree that it can be extremely frustrating trying to edit one. This is why they put the statement at the top of the section in the post manual that list the included post files.

I have edited the post that was included for a 810 Fagor and have about got it posting the code with very little edits using the manual and trial and error, wish they had a little more clear documentation on the logic. I did finally find out how to turn on the debugging when posting and can see what is coming from where. I will know see if I can use that info to write a logic statement that will get the output like the control calls for with no editing at all for the machine I am working with.

It would be great if one of the PartMaster guru's would help with some training type documentation or tutorial on editing posts for us hobby users that can't afford to have a post developed for us!

Sorry for the delay in replying.

There is a lot of documentaion in the About > Help topics within the post-processor editor/compiler (Dpost).

It contains all of the details regarding CLdata records and the output rules which govern the final Gcode file.

I suppose the most important thing to bear in mind is that the post-processor won't do anything unless it is specifically instructed to do so.

I'm not a programmer and most of the work I do on posts is tinckering - a dangerous pastime I know. What it tend to do is have a look at other posts to find the format of things.

There a couple of posts that have a lot of things switched on - have a look at M_f0mt.ppr for milling, T_F0tc for turning, W_Agie for Wire EDM.

For rotary table work look at M_Micro.ppr.

Hope this helps.

ATB
    Andre

Thanks for the reply Andre and sorry for my late reply. I have managed to get the post output code the way I wanted by doing just what you suggested (using examples in other posts with the code that was arranged like I wanted), that is how I learned how to write posts in the other post generators that I have used in the past at my last job. I also went to training in those but you know how it is in those three day courses, lots to take in and remember.

Donnie