585,977 active members*
3,715 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Pete needs older, RH7.2 version of emc

I have tried about 6 versions of emc since 4.08 came out. Not a one works any better than the version i started with in May 2004. That one was based on RedHat 7.2. It has a couple of flaws but nothing as awful as the recent releases. I want to install on a second computer but didn't keep the original CD. Anyone have any of the earlier EMC Cds or know where to download these old versions? Where should i look to determine what version of BDI i am runing on RH7.2? I think it was new in May 2004.
    thanks, Pete
    PGruendema

you may want to ask on the irc channel:
    IRC host is: irc.freenode.net
    Channel to join is: #emc

It might have been better if i said that the later versions of emc were more "troublesome" than the earlier versions. They work but require much more tweaking. Locally,i learned that since emc is written to use milimeters as the standard unit of distance that i perhaps should be running it that way instead of inch mode. Maybe then the default values will work as expected. Certainly the default value for acceleration (MAX_ACCEL= 20.) which breaks belts in inch mode will work better if used in milimeter mode.
    Pete