585,556 active members*
3,653 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Daewoo puma 10s

Hello...I just joined and have a problem with a Daewoo puma 10s. It has a Fanuc 10t control with fapt. We bought the machine on auction so I have no prior history on the machine.

The first problem we are experiencing is the spindle starting. In manual it always seems to start, but while running a program the spindle either won't start at all or it will just creep maybe 2 or 3 rpm or it may start and run the programed speed.

I seen mention of which way the chuck clamp position key is in in another post and it may be part of the problem on this machine, the chuck clamp light stays on no matter which position the key is in.

Currently when the machine spindle won't start and run the programed speed I turn the the edit, program, mdi, reference, jog knob to jog and then the spindle will start. Turn it back to program and it will then run the program, but it is a pain and I am trying to get to the bottom of this.

My program looks like

t101 g97
    s120 m03
    g00 x10. z1. m08
    z.2

I have also tried g97 s120 m3 all on one line and it won't work either or should I say it works sometimes, sometimes it won't. Never seems like it messes up with any consistency.

Thank you,
    Kyle

Look first for an interlock. Spindle speed may be limited if door switch activated. It is not the program.

Thank you, I will have to check into that. I did get a new proximity switch for the spindle clamp/unclamp. One wasn't working. The machine seems to think the chuck is clamped whether the chuck is open or closed. Process of elimination I guess, the thing sure does have alot of torqued at 100 rpm compared to the haas sl-30 with two speed gear box. The daewoo will take .300 depth of cut in 304 sand cast stainless steel. The haas is only seems to take .100 or so with the same set up. If I can figure the spindle problem out I will have to work on the turret, it doesn't always want to clamp up. I ususally have to index a couple tools past the tool I want and then go back to it.

Thank you again for the help,
    Kyle

There is a keep relay that disables the two drawbar position prox switches. The chuck clamp/unclamp switch is a pressure switch in the hydraulic system or it is simply a ladder function.

definately a interlock problem, cause spindle in ladder is programmed to run at low speed even u have given the command of high speed, check for interlocks like door close limit switch or proximity, chuck clamp is okay or not

Well it appears that the hydraulic pressure regulator near the spindle was adjusted too low. It was behind the panel to the left of the door where the chuck is. I guess on this machine if the chuck pressure is below 185 psi that regulator needs to be set lower. There were instructions on the door for this. If the chuck pressure is above 185 then that regulator needs to be set higher.

Anyone have any idea what the main hydraulic pressure regulator on the back of this machine is supposed to be set to? The turret sometimes fails to index and lock up properly and it seems adjusting the main hydraulic system regulator either up or down will get the turret to index and lock. I have tried it anywhere from 200 psi to 400 psi. 360 is where I had it today and I had the least problems today, but I'm not sure where it should be.

Thank you
    Kyle