585,761 active members*
4,163 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    Daves quite right, any IEC standard connector will work

same here Dave,I have a bloody house full of the things (mostly US format ones that cant be used here as PSU suppliers always seem to send UK and US format)

best wishes

Dave
    Picked one up today. Was just more piturbed yesterday, after already going out once to find a replacement screw for the board, and then having to go back out again today to get the power cord. Just time lost.

Cant run the machine

I cannot trust this machine to run. It will run one engraving fine, the next it will crash, and lose it's place.

Cannot trust it to run any jobs on it. Already have went thru about $100 in materials, not including time I have spent on it. So far I have a boat anchor.

Will see if tech support can help walk me thru it and get it figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by cnctoolman View Post
    I cannot trust this machine to run. It will run one engraving fine, the next it will crash, and lose it's place.

Cannot trust it to run any jobs on it. Already have went thru about $100 in materials, not including time I have spent on it. So far I have a boat anchor.

Will see if tech support can help walk me thru it and get it figured out.
    Thanks for keeping us updated. Im actually talking to G.Weiki about getting one of there lasers (they make the hurricanes) and a few other goodies so Ill be keeping an eye on this and the other hurricane/G.Weiki threads to see how things progress.

Phil

New problem...

Phylo,

Here is what I am dealing with currently.....

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/laser_...ogram_run.html

But now I have the power supply red lighting.

And to beat it all, dont have to worry about running the job I had. Customer just pulled it. as I cannot rely on the machine. They called and wanted to know when they would have their pieces. Had to be honest with them. So now I not only do not have a working machine, I lost money with it.

Yay.

If anyone from Hurrican is reading this, I am not happy at the moment. That is an understatement. This needs to get resolved.

I feel for you toolman, that is very bad luck and pretty much the opposite of what I have been experiencing. I just posted a photo of my electronics innards and they were very tidy.

I wonder how the lasers get to hurricane, E.g. fully assembled or electronics in boxes and installed in the US. Yours and mine look like they came from different companies which is why it made me think maybe hurricane added the boards and then forgot?

Who knows, at the very least if it was done at G.Weike it should not have passed the QA applied in the US.

Hope you get it all resolved.

Seems the problem is now fixed.

I went thru, reseated the drives( the connections themselves) found a couple of loose wires, and reinstalled the software and drivers.

So far so good.

And will also mention, that Hurricane has gone beyond what I would consider normal. Last communications with John( the owner), he was very apologetic about the troubles, and has offered and put me down for a new laser tube, when it is needed.

A+++ there.

no more troubles so far

Just to update alittle more. Have been runnning for last couple of days with no problems.

The machine seems to be working fine now. I am liking what i can do with it.

and it is back to doing it again. :(

well thought I had it solved. Ran pretty decent for awhile.

Back to losing steps again. Almost sounds mechanical this time.

When engraving( no speeds over 400) it will be running and you can hear a "clunk". And well after that it had missed steps and scrapped a part.

Call another $45 in materials and lost time down the drain.

Need to figure this one out this time.

Here we go again,.

Hurricane21 Guest

help is on it's way

Anthony,

Larry will be calling you in a few minutes. Always feel free to call us for a quick response. we are here from 9am-6pm PST and by email most always.

Call us at 855-552-7377 for anything.

John

Page 2 of 2 12