Hi,

I have a DSD surfboard shaping machine which comes with it's own proprietary stepper drivers and an embedded dos computer with LCD display. It's using a propitiatory file format and floppy disks(!!!). I've been building a replacement box for it with some Chinese drivers and a normal parallel port break out board running mach3/emc2 and standard g-code. I've done all the wiring, however I'd like to test it a little before I hook it up to the machine. The problem is that the motors on the machine is running on very high voltage and I don't have any spare motors which are rated anywhere similar to the motors on the machine. Two of the motors are running at 120V, 5 and 7A with the original drivers. The new box is running at 110V or there about. However the spare motors I rated at 4A and I think I calculated that 56V would be correct for them according to some formulas found on the geckodrive website.

Question is, could I run these motors for a short time at 110V and the correct amp for a short time? Just to ensure that the wiring is correct and the driver is working. If it was running for a long time I suspect there might be issues with the motor running too hot? But for only a couple of minutes, would that work?

regards,

Håvard