585,938 active members*
3,818 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Lost or corrupt file

Hi,

I used my PCNC 1100 up until this past week. I went out to the garage to play some more and the computer will not boot. Error message reads " Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt sys32\drivers\isapnp.sys".

I have contacted Tormach about the issue but would like to use the machine today Sunday instead of waiting until Monday for Tormach to respond.

Has anyone had this problem? Is there an easy fix? Start in safe mode? What then? I am not a computer expert so go easy on me.

Thanks,

Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieD View Post
    Hi,

I used my PCNC 1100 up until this past week. I went out to the garage to play some more and the computer will not boot. Error message reads " Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt sys32\drivers\isapnp.sys".

I have contacted Tormach about the issue but would like to use the machine today Sunday instead of waiting until Monday for Tormach to respond.

Has anyone had this problem? Is there an easy fix? Start in safe mode? What then? I am not a computer expert so go easy on me.

Thanks,

Ernie
    Is this a Tormach controller, or your own PC? My experience with that kind of message is usually a failing hard drive or corrupted operating system. I have saved a system before with a Windows repair from the install disk, but the drive totally failed within a few days anyway. On another I did the repair and its still running today.

If its a Tormach controller under warranty, I'd likely wait for them to give you a course of action.

To get to Safe Mode, hit F8 just as Windows starts to boot up. You should get a menu with boot choices.

Once in safe mode, run Scandisk with a surface scan. This takes a bit, but will find and correct any problems with your hard disk that might have caused the file to corrupt.

Meanwhile, I can go to my Tormach and get that file off of it, then email it to you. Just send me a private message with your email address.

Frederic

File

Hi TXFred,

PM sent.

Ernie

dbrija

Tormach / Dell compiter out of warranty.

Ernie