585,708 active members*
3,869 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

L20/L16,3M7,CINCOM

Hi,
    Just got a used CINCOM 3M7 L20(the one on front of machine says L16) ,year of manufacture 1994.The seller in US had loaded the parameters new as the machine was not switching on.
    When we try to run the machine here certain features like X horizontal axis do not move(both main and sub) when called to queing point or start point even though the tool pattern has various X horizontal data.
    Also the X vertical does not come to start point when commanded,but when commanded to go to queing point moves up(+)by machine data value from current position .
    The diameter value does not take more than 0.78mm even though the machine is in mm mode.
    What do all these symptoms mean?
    Is there some way to get the correct parameters?
    All help is aprreciated.
    Ganesh

It sounds to me that whomever loaded the parameters, loaded the inch system. If you want to use the metric system, you will have to re-enter the parameters in metric. Probably, your best source for information on this would be to call Citizen directly, or contact the nearest dealer. That was what I had to do to get our E32 from metric into the inch system. I am confident there may even be one in India. Sorry I cannot help more.

Mike

L20/16 3M7

Dear Mike,
    Thanks for the response.I am ok with working inch system.
    On trying with inch mode,"No tool comp data " message appears when trying to select any program.
    When trying to move to queing point Z axis retracts by length of part in machine data but"P170 NO. CORR. NO." error appears.
    Is there some data that needs to be input before start position or queing point is commanded?
    Thanks in advance,
    Ganesh

Assuming the L20 works like the E32, there should not need to be any additional data entered. Can you find the error code in the operator's manual? That may help point you in the right direction to fix the problem.

Mike

Just thought of something... Does it need to have one or both of those axes "zero point returned?" That may or may not help, but I thought I would throw it out there...

Mike

You do need to select a program and "Register" the MC DATA before you call a tool or it does not know where to go.

I have an L25 when all the machine data is entered you must register it as previously stated ,is the right tooling layout etc selected ?

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for the ideas.We could get the slides into position only after setting free tool layout pattern as it would not recognise pattern 1 & 2 already stored in the Tool Pattern list.Also we had to turn on the ABS/INC parameter setting.
    Now we are able to do most of the activities on the Main Spindle side but the feed command is not executed on the ZB axis(Back Spindle).The Zb moves in rapid(G0) but not in feed(both in mm/rev and mm/min).XB works fine.
    Any ideas on the problem?

Assuming you have a good program loaded , the machine will only go to whats in the mcdata page(start position). cutoff endpoint should say -.050 if in inches , or close to that. if you are in prep page and use the retract key, do all slides retract? Also, if you just call up sub spindle it will rapid unless you tell it otherwise. ex:
    m16(sub open)
    m24s2=1500(same as main)
    g811z-.100(sync and rapid to -.100 away from part)
    g1g98z.200f80.(feed onto part)
    m15(lock spindle)
    !l1(wait code-same on main)
    g810(let go and continue)
    m25(sub spindle brake/stop)
    Just a simple pickoff (inches)
    Also, meau.com has lots of info on control