584,866 active members*
5,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > Lead in/out at each entry/exit

Lead in/out at each entry/exit

Is there a way to set the lead in/out to happen at each entry and exit?

Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean, the lead in/out is happening at every material engagement. In the rightmost tab in every toolpath dialog that uses a lead in/out you have specific settings for lead config.

The reason I wrote originally was that the tool path would only do the radius in/out at the first level of cut only. On the next step down the cut would plunge at the cutting point instead of the radius approach.

Well I did some experimentation with the lead in/out settings. I found that doing the 2D profile when using a .1 (inch) step down that the above would happen no matter if I made 1 or many step downs. BUT, when I change the setting from .1 to something less i.e. .05, the radius in/out would indeed happen at every step down. I just may be missing something. I also tried a .2 step down and that did not work correctly either.

After more experiments, it looks like the last step down cut in any process that I do in the 2D profile does a plunge cut instead of a radius lead in cut. All previous step down cuts in the same operation does a radius lead in cut. This leaves a slight divit in the last cut. I can get around it by making madcam think the part is thicker or add an extra depth cut that I don't need. AM I doing something incorrect?

Thanks

I think this is caused from the lead-in collision check. There is an option for model collision check in madCAM Options / 2D options.
    You can choose if madCAM should check lead-in collision against the profiling curves and the 3D-model or only against the profiling curves.
    When working with curves only and if you have a bottom plane as your model, madCAM will detect lead in collisions if the profiling curve is below the
    level of the plane. You can move the plane down below the profiling curves or you can change the lead in collision to only check lead-ins against curves.
    It is also possible to move the seam on closed curves if there isn't room enough for the lead-in at the seam point.

Joakim

Un-checking the "Check Lead In Model Collision" worked. Thanks.

Mark