585,982 active members*
4,690 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Shipping of your PCNC

Hi, new member here. Been working with milling machines from 24' Cincinnati manual planner mills, to HAAS VMCs for over 15 years. Have been planning on getting my own small CNC machine and getting some side jobs from the company I work for and others for a while now. I have almost saved up enough for my own PCNC 1100. My question is, is how much was shipping your Tormach on top of cost of your machine when all is said and done and what tips/tricks did you use to unload your machine without a forklift? Would be shipped to Vancouver, but any and all input as for what your shipping cost/tips were would be great. Thanks.

Hi CDM I had a quote for the machine ,deluxe stand ,warranty and shipping with duty and taxes at 12,400.00 and I'm in Winnipeg . If you go on the tormach site you can choose what you like and get a quote.

I think my shipping was about $500 for a 770 and stand. (two pallets to Maryland)

If you don't have a forklift or dock, they can deliver with a liftgate truck to get it to ground level.

For home delivery you will need liftgate service.

If you have to move the crates around a few times, you might want to rent a pallet truck for the day. Also check with rental places for an engine hoist or a gantry hoist that can lift at least 1500 lbs. I bought a folding leg crane from Princess Auto (similar to the Harbour Freight one) but it doesn't quite lift the mill high enough to get it on the stand. As well the legs are too close together to straddle the stand but too high to fit under it.

Have you seen this? There is a follow up to it that covers lifting it onto the stand. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVon8VuwYaw]Tormach PCNC 1100 - Final prep for stand and mill. Ch. 8 - YouTube[/ame]

This has good pictures of the crates etc... Tormach PCNC 1100 CNC Mill

bob

I'm the fellow that made/makes the videos - including the one posted by rowbare above. Happy to answer any questions if I can help.

Re: shipping - I ordered the PCNC 1100 and Deluxe Stand. The two crates totaled 1,850lb and shipping to residential liftgate address was $600 - but this was also a few years ago.
    Tormach PCNC 1100, SprutCAM, Alibre CAD

Location and distance from the nearest warehouse probably makes a difference too. I think that my shipping for a PCNC 1100 and Deluxe Base was around $350, but that was 5 years ago and the nearest warehouse was less than 100 miles away.

Mine was delivered by liftgate truck but the lift gate footprint to take the largest crate and it nearly tipped off at one point.

Mike

My 770 alone was about $300 to Atlanta, GA. It came with UPS freight, I was home when it arrived. But as someone else said, Tormach will give you almost immediately a quote if you ask them, then you know for sure.
    Christian

You don't HAVE to have a liftgate delivery. I rented a forklift when my machine was delivered (not a Tormach, but same difference). It was surprisingly affordable (IIRC it was $300 including delivery and pickup at my home for one day of use). It was SO much easier to move things around with a forklift than having to man-handle it with a pallet jack and worry about the load on a liftgate. I had NEVER used a forklift before that day, so don't let that worry you...

Homecoming album | mcphill | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html

shipping of tormach vancouver

I just had my Tormach 1100 shipped to vancouver Bc 1 month ago with stand, machine and lots of bells and whitsles. It is easier to get everything on one shipment because of the duties and taxes involved with the importation of it to Canada. Anne from Tormach was great and everything arrived within 2 weeks and felt quite comfortable with tormach with a large purchase from different country. Pm me for cost break down.

I would highly recommend the forklift; I could not use one due to ceiling height limitations, but otherwise its definitely a great way to go.
    Tormach PCNC 1100, SprutCAM, Alibre CAD

If you can't swing a forklift, a pallet-jack is the next best thing. If you know somebody with a shipping dock, they're usually easy to borrow for a weekend.

My 1100 and stand delivered to a dock was just under 310 dollars, tooling was 157 dollars ups in a second shipment.
    I am located just north of St Louis Mo. I think I was less than 500 miles from the shipping point.
    I received it Tuesday afternoon and it was making cuts yesterday (wizards) on the Mach 3 program!
    I am very pleased with the machine...........

edit: My son, grandson, and I unloaded it off the pickup with a floor mounted engine type hoist and sat it on the stand. I put it in place in the garage with a chain type comealong with selective holes drilled in the floor for anchor points- worked well...... my garage floor is old so a bit of concrete plug patch and it will be good as new.
    mike sr