585,759 active members*
4,238 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Any Mastercam X tutorial free ?
Page 2 of 3 123
    I've taken a look at the tutorial suggested in this thread.
    Does anyone have any actaul experiance with training materials that are more detailed and deal with 4 axis work?

This is the most detailed 4th axis training anywhere.

http://www.tipsformanufacturing.com/...ontouring.html

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Try this:

http://www.eapprentice.net/index.html

GREAT Stuff for beginners.

George

Cool

Try this GREAT stuff.

http://www.eapprentice.net/index.html

Jorge

I like to contact you via email

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherWood View Post
    Hello, I have found a couple tutorials. If you email me I can link you to them. I am also looking for more info on learning MasterCam. In fact, anyone who lives in the L.A., Ca area willing to teach,,, contact me. Anyone willing to create guitar body files for me ??? contact me. I just bought a K2 and it won't be seeing much use until I get going on this software. I am willing to pay or trade for instruction or files.
    Dear brother,
    I like to learn Mastercam, but i dont understand how to start? please if u can help? this is my email address [email protected]. I wish u will reply as soon as possible

My tutorials are for begineers @ www.freewebs.com/jermboy.

Thanks a lot for your help.....

ROFLMAO..........I still don't see any free tutorials......or tutorials.

http://www.freewebs.com/jermboy

(nuts)(nuts)

Mike - What's up with the 4 versions old link?

I thought the Intro to X3 cd was sweet..........So why the X...errr...V8 page.

I thought this thread was supposed to be about "Free Tutorials", not "Free advertising".

Quote Originally Posted by mastercamguru View Post
    ROFLMAO..........I still don't see any free tutorials......or tutorials.

http://www.freewebs.com/jermboy

(nuts)(nuts)

Mike - What's up with the 4 versions old link?

I thought the Intro to X3 cd was sweet..........So why the X...errr...V8 page.

I thought this thread was supposed to be about "Free Tutorials", not "Free advertising".
    Hey buddy, this thread is a little Old, LOL:cheers:
    How are you fairing with that HSM??
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

thanks

Lovecnc2003: I never see you ask any questions, or post any answers. And that's OK. But I always see you reply "Thanks" to the help we offer other's. I guess it's nice that you appreciate the help we offer other's and I guess that means you got something out of it too. So.... Your Welcome.

Mastercamguru: CNC software does a great job of improving the software. But not everything gets updated with every new release. The basic functionality of Rotary has not changed much in the past 7 years. Not to say they haven't improved the way things are calculated and things like that. What I means is.. The things you have to do to make it work and the options that are on the parameter pages, have been basically the same inputs. The things on that CD still apply.

Doing the same parts, with the same parameter pages, in a newer version (i.e. X3) doesn't make it any better. It's kind of like a Map. A newer map will show the latest roads, but if your just driving from Milwaukee to Chicago, the highway to get there hasn't changed much in 15 years. An old map will give you the same information. Other things have changed, but not the instruction to get from point "a" to point "b".

With X4, the tool parameter pages will be updated. So those CD's that are effected by the change, will be updated also.

Glad your enjoying the Milling Introduction to X3 CD. I was pretty happy with the way it came out.

BTW: we do offer free tutorials on our web site. You only have to register and you'll receive a link. The page contains videos for X3, X2, X, V9, & V8. All of which people are still using (for whatever reason) and they still need to find high quality training to use it more efficiently.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Smile

Toby - The HSM is coming along fine.

I didn't realize it was just a new "trend" using axial chip thinning to increase MRR. Now that I understand what HSM is, I realize I have been doing this for years, moderately though. Not "Balls to the Wall".

This is an "old principal" nothing new about it other than its application. This is more commonly thought of as something that changes the cutting force direction when using a Ball Mill.

Insert geometry and servo control accuracy finally caught up making this possible to implement realistically.

Matt -

I should have looked a little deeper. I would have found the "tuts".

Thanx & I can't wait for the X4 Cd.

Toby - The HSM is coming along fine.

I didn't realize it was just a new "trend" using axial chip thinning to increase MRR. Now that I understand what HSM is, I realize I have been doing this for years, moderately though. Not "Balls to the Wall".

This is an "old principal" nothing new about it other than its application. This is more commonly thought of as something that changes the cutting force direction when using a Ball Mill.

Insert geometry and servo control accuracy finally caught up making this possible to implement realistically.
    Everything is still derived from the Pioneers of machining. The main objective is to adapt these methods to the machines of today.

Cheers!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Im using ( caminstructor.com ), I found it to be cheaper and better.

I did sign up for ( www.streamingteacher.com ) a few months ago, but all of a sudden I got really busy and was not able to use it much, looked at a few times. I did not like it as much as the caminstructor.com one...

Whoa......That caminstructor tutorial is #4 of the advanced tutorials?

No wonder they are cheaper than streaming teacher... eg. Mastercam for dummies

I don't think the teacher even knows how to use Mastercam.

I'm sorry, but that was the worst tutorial I have ever seen except the one done in MS Paint with screen capture.

Whoa......That caminstructor tutorial is #4 of the advanced tutorials?

No wonder they are cheaper than streaming teacher... eg. Mastercam for dummies

I don't think the teacher even knows how to use Mastercam.

I'm sorry, but that was the worst tutorial I have ever seen except the one done in MS Paint with screen capture.
    LOL lets be nice and not turn this into a BobCad Thread.

How are you MC Guru???
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Smile

Doing good Toby. Time to bring our overflow back in-house. Daico Industries screwed us pretty good. At least we are one of the few shops still working. While other shops are closing their doors, we are taking on bigger jobs than before. I saw an order for Kanban on the order of 20,000 + parts cross through the engineering dept friday.

That was on one P.O.

More on the way from Hi-Rel.
    We are still working on the last 12,000 pc order for them.
    We pulled the vices out of the machines to do them in sheet form.

We are going to max-out our machine memory next week on 2 of our machines. The programs are getting too big. As it is, we are considering DNC to get through the next few jobs, but subprograms aren't for DNC. We'll have to recode our programs to be "DNC Friendly".

Honestly though. Check out this tut.
    http://caminstructor.com/files/www/Mill2d/index.html

I don't mean to be critical, but shouldn't you "have a clue" before teaching something? It's as if they bought a CD tutorial, plagiarized it without any real understanding of Machining or Mastercam, and then wrote their own tutorial to sell.

Toby do you know what he means when he talks about a kanban? this not a normal phrase for allot but there is a tone of history behind the name.
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Kanban is a delivery method where we get an order for the year in advance, with a delivery schedule, and an agreement to keep so many parts in-stock at all times "ready to ship on a moments notice".

Page 2 of 3 123