585,743 active members*
4,956 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help with service

Help with service

I need some help getting timely service in the PNW, Everett area. Selway has not been very responsive to my calls or service requests. When I do get them to schedule me, I don’t get any type of call or email from them to let me know that I was scheduled. Then yesterday they were scheduled to service one of our machines, they did not show. I called and was told that they rescheduled me for the 14th. I did not get any type of notification. I also have a machine down waiting for a spindle replacement. The spindle arrived Monday, but was told that they will not be installing it until the 7th. I called them on Monday and confirmed that they would be here on Tuesday, and that the spindle would be replaced in the next couple days.

The techs from Selway have been great. The work quality has been great. It’s just a responsiveness and communication issues.

If anyone could give me a bit of advice on getting more timely service and better communication, I would appreciate it. If there is another company that I can use, please let me know.

We are looking to upgrade some of our machines, as well as adding new ones. We have been looking into the Haas gantries. I am also helping another Co. look at and acquirer a CNC, I have been recommending and steering him toward a Haas, but I may retract my recommendation if he is going to have the same issues with service. The machines are very good, but if the service is poor, that’s a deal killer and we will have to look at other manufactures.

Thank you,
    Chris

Have you called Haas direct?

One of the things that has made them the awesome company that they are is the quick service. I would escalate a bit and see if that helps...I assume you went to your HFO's management? (or salesguy even - tell him this will be a dealbreaker and you may have him bulldogging the situation for you.)
    Tim

I know a very good independent up there, not sure if he does Haas, but he may know someone that does.

Sounds like a good thing to check out, could I get some contact info?

Thanks

You might call CNC Machine Service in Snohomish at 425-788-4500.