585,737 active members*
4,627 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Sprutcam

Sprutcam

Hi,

I have Sprutcam that I bought from Tormach loaded in my computer and I have Sprutcam that I downloaded from the internet. I recently had a hard drive crash and I cannot run the Sprutcam that I purchased. I would also like to get rid of the Sprut that I downloaded from the net. Problem, I did not put each one of these in its own folder and the files are intermingled.

Any ideas about how to do this. Eric, if you are watching, would it be better if I deleted all of these files and then do a fresh load of Sprut?

Thanks,

Ernie

Hi Ernie,
    I would go to Control Panel and un-install SprutCam in the Uninstall Programs utility. Then delete the original install location folder. Then install the version you bought from Tormach.
    Gerry
    Currently using SC7 Build 1.6 Rev. 64105

Ernie, The best course of action is to uninstall all the versions, and then only install the purchased version off the CD (this has the licensing information that corresponds to the dongle) After that version is installed you can overwrite it with any newer version and your dongle should be ok.

Hi Guys,

Gerry, I successfully accomplished the uninstall and re install. Thanks.

Eric, Same as above. FYI I had a computer crash so I ordered and received a new controller from Tormach and I am up and running again. I have not tried to cut anything yet but will have a go at it today.

Thanks to the both of you for your prompt replies.

Ernie

Isn't it good when you can search and find the answers! I just put in a new computer at home and was wondering how to get it to recognise the dongle, so its off to uninstall the download and start again!
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by wbleeker View Post
    Isn't it good when you can search and find the answers! I just put in a new computer at home and was wondering how to get it to recognise the dongle, so its off to uninstall the download and start again!
    Will
    Well not quite! I deleted the download and installed from the disc, installed the dongle driver software and Sprutcam can't find it? I have email Eric at Tormach but maybe someone here has the answer?
    Will

Hi, If you're running Windows 7, put the STRegister7.stj into
    "C:\ProgramData\Sprut Technology\Licence"
    Also you have to have the dongle installed during SC installation.
    Bevin

Hi Bevin, thanks for that, I already have Sprut installed on my Windows 7 laptop, with no problems- what i have worked out is the laptop is 32 bit and the desktop is 64 bit, which appears to be the problem> Eric at Tormach has sent me a file to run and he wants me to send the .dat file back to him for modification. I am assuming I will still be able to run the 32 bit W7 as well as on the Tormach controller?
    Will