585,970 active members*
4,157 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

Where are you located?

This may not be proper forum protocol, if so will the moderator please remove it. It would be interesting to know where the Momus machines and those in various stages of completion are located. There might be one right around the corner and not know it. I am in central Texas. If you don't mind letting us know where you are, please post a response.
    I don't make mistakes ... I make 'unintended engineering design changes'.

I'm in the Minnesota.
    My woodwork is basically done (no doors or cover yet.) It turned out better then I expected.
    (My wife bought me a small table saw a couple years ago and I'd even turned it on twice. Once to see the blade spin around and once to cut a piece of wood )

Metal work is at about 70%. Just got my ground stock for the rails yesterday. The parts are not as good looking as some of the examples I've seen here but I'm sure they will work fine.

A couple of the parts I won't do until I get the motors. I'll probably pick up the motors and electronics with my tax refund

I live in Orlando any machinist located here? I am a wanabe but been kind of discouraged after asking forum's what the thought. Burned out and want a new challege been in Countruction 32 years.

Sarasota, FL ...... I have completed mine about year ago.. and just got sherline mill plus going to build new one using THK rails and THK actuator for z axis.

Minnesota here. About completed with the metal and starting on the wood.

Colorado Springs, CO. Up and running like a champ.

Randy

Oregon. I did the metal first, which is all done. I'm just starting on the wood base. I added 12" to the X axis, and 1" height of the X rails to get a little more usable range out of the Z axis. I'm working slowly, so probably another couple months until it is done.

Arizona here. My machine has been up and running for a couple months now. I use it quite often every week.

Chandler, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by bjesson View Post
    Chandler, AZ
    Woah, wait a minute. Me too. What cross streets?

Anyone in Texas?

Didn't realize we needed to add our completion status:

Ariozona, first Momus completed March of 2011. Machine paid for itself within 1 week.

Second Momus ETA: March 2012

I'm in Santa Clara, CA.

I have all the metal work done, the bottom part of the base is done, and I'm just in the process of painting it now. The cover has kind of been put off until I have the main part of the machine together. Will try to post some pictures soon.

Patrick

It looks like there are several all over the map. I'm in Waco, Tx. The metal and wood are complete. I just finished the epoxy floor and will start looking for sources for the electronics. The epoxy floor turned out super smooth and flat. I was a little worried about how it would flow, but it worked great.

I'm in Wisconsin. I have my base completed minus the top and 75% of the metal done. can't wait to see it all together

I'm in Spartanburg South Carolina!!! Howdy Yall!
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

For the past few years I've been bouncing back and forth between Providence, Rhode Island, and Cambridge , Mass. Back in Providence at the moment. I also spend some time hanging out in Austin, Texas. Headed there tomorrow.

I designed the original Momus machine somewhere back around 2007-2008. Built it between 2008-2009, and then took another year to get the plans put together. I'm currently working on version 2.0, a full update to the original design. Got the prototype machine under power yesterday. New plans coming very shortly.

-Bob

All right - I'll be the first Canadian on this thread ... there must be others.
    I'm in Vernon, BC - Canada
    Charlie

Port Orchard,WA here land of liquid sunshine

Smile

Salinas Calif.

Page 1 of 3 123