585,759 active members*
4,263 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Partner 1G Centurion V 450 error

Angry Partner 1G Centurion V 450 error

We have a 1994 Partner 1G Centurion V Mill that will randomly throw an E-stop 450 error.

We have called Milltronics and still havent been able to isolate the problem, we are looking for any kind of help on this issue.

We have cooled down the Cabinet and have not been able to find any temperture associated problems, however letting it rest sometimes will give us a little more machine time.

Sometimes it will not work at all and sometimes it will go for 1 hour before giving us the error.

There are many reasons for the machine to E-Stop: anything that breaks the latch side of the re-set relay, intermittent drive faults, weak computer power supply, weak 24vdc power supply, motherboard problems, a bad Acroloop card, bad e-stop button, and lots of other weird things.

Get out your copy of the wiring diagram and start eliminating things, there is no 'magic pill' you can take.

appreciate your reply, I did notice today when the machine is powered on and the 'feedback' led is on located on the 'spindle drive box' the machine will go right into the 450 error, when its off it will work.

Can anyone tell me what the 'Resolver' or 'Resolver Cable' is/or does and where I might look for it them?

Does your machine have the Custom Servo Motor drive and motor? That would be a big black box on the floor of the electronics cabinet.

If so, tighten the connections on the green terminal strips on the drive and then carefully take the fan and the cover off the motor and check the connections up there.

This can make a lot of CSM problems go away.

yes it does have the Custom Servo Drive/Motor, I took the fan off and motor cover. The original female side of the connector was removed, someone soldered all the wires directly to the male pins that go directly into the board. After moving them around 1 or 2 wires easily broke off. I am cleaning up the board and cutting back the wires for reinstallation directly to the board. I hoping for the best and I appreciate your input.

Sounds good, I'll cross my fingers for you.

CSM spindle drives/ motors

ZZZ is correct in that the wires on the geen connectors on both the drive and motor can vibrate loose and /or be left hanging with 2-3 stands. This has caused a lot of intermittant a problems.

The resolver is located in the upper part of the motor, it is "like" an encoder" in that resolvers send the drive position and velocity information. which the drive processes. If things are not as expected the drives "sez" OK then we have a problem and will send out a drive fault to the control and the control e-stops the machine.

If the upper bearing in the motor is worn it can cause problems with the resolver, if the bearing is bad enough, it will take out the resolver.

If you need CSM drive or motor repairs contact Bill Anderson at, Welcome to Custom Motors, Inc.

Sportybob

Thanks CNCZONE, ZZZZ, Sportybob

I posted this reply along time ago, however it didnt actually post for some reason.

Thanks guys I cut back the wires and resoldered them and it fixed the intermittent nightmare of the E-Stop 450 Error.

Thanks Again