585,602 active members*
3,634 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > Tree J325 and dynapath delta 20

Tree J325 and dynapath delta 20

I am new at drip feed. I seen the post on pin placement and got that done. The computer is setup, and the rs232c is in the catalog. When I send the program from computer to the machine I press cycle start and the fault message is 130 invaled character. Now all lines are numbered is there a certain format I should follow in the code to get this program to read. The computer settings also say something about handshake? Help Please

Oddly enough, I would suggest your first drip-feed program should be one that fits in memory. The reason I suggest that is so that you can load a part program in the usual manner, then check that it can be executed. Once you know you have a good part program, then try executing it through drip-feed.

When drip-feeding to a Delta 20 control, all the same rules on loading programs apply including needing block numbers. The only exception is that, when drip-feeding, there is no need for the program title in parentheses on the first line (but the control knows to ignore it anyway if it is present).

Quote Originally Posted by jagardner4 View Post
    Oddly enough, I would suggest your first drip-feed program should be one that fits in memory. The reason I suggest that is so that you can load a part program in the usual manner, then check that it can be executed. Once you know you have a good part program, then try executing it through drip-feed.

When drip-feeding to a Delta 20 control, all the same rules on loading programs apply including needing block numbers. The only exception is that, when drip-feeding, there is no need for the program title in parentheses on the first line (but the control knows to ignore it anyway if it is present).
    I have read online in forums on the pin diagram and there is three different pin placements. Dont know if the manual is correct or they are guessing. The machine will load but wont drip feed.

The DynaPath has a standard RS-232-C serial port.

You are probably trying to use software data flow (XON selected on the Load screen of the DynaPath.) I suggest you use hardware flow control or handshaking. Go to XOF on the control side and choose hardware flow control on the computer side. Since I don't know the software you are using on the computer, I can't give you exact directions on how to accomplish that.

There is more information on the DynaPath website: DynaPath CNC Controls & Machine Tools

Quote Originally Posted by jagardner4 View Post
    The DynaPath has a standard RS-232-C serial port.

You are probably trying to use software data flow (XON selected on the Load screen of the DynaPath.) I suggest you use hardware flow control or handshaking. Go to XOF on the control side and choose hardware flow control on the computer side. Since I don't know the software you are using on the computer, I can't give you exact directions on how to accomplish that.

There is more information on the DynaPath website: DynaPath CNC Controls & Machine Tools
    onecnc is the program and I posted a new post since we where trying to drip feed we ran into a new issue could you help on that problem