584,817 active members*
5,215 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Brisbane laser group

Hi

I want to know if there's any laser groups in Brisbane? I have a k40 type Chinese laser engraver and would love to talk to other owners so that we can learn from each other.
    Thanks Dom

Hi,

I have a 40w laser engraver I live in Toowoomba.
    Cheers,
    robotc

Have you had any problems with setting the laser beam? My machine arrived with the mirrors not set at 45 degrees. I have not been able to set the beam because of this fault. Have been getting info to fix this and get the machine working.

Thanks Dom

I was lucky mine arrived with no problems. I have one problem at present is doing multi cuts with the machine. On the second cut it is off by about 2 mm I think that I my have caused the problem by getting Sketch Up to do the lettering for a project. But I managed to work around this problem. The other problem is getting a plywood to cut with, I had a good one but can not get any more of this plywood. I mainly use it for cardstock cutting now.

We use the cutter/engraver for model circus and carnival. Check out our web site at : Baillie Boys Shows.
    Cheers,
    robotc

Yes you are lucky because our machine came with 2 major problems. The software drivers didn't work when they came and we worked with the sellers for weeks trying to get that fixed. We gave up on these Chinese sellers and had a local computer technician sort it out. And now this beam problem. The beam moves 55mm off the laser head and again our very friendly Chinese sellers have been as helpful as an helicopter ejection seat. All they kept on telling us was our tech was looking at the problems. We got the machine the first week of December and it hasn't gone yet. Wel the beam works but it can't be controlled. We want to use it to engrave names on products. Like on leather and pu wallets. But hopefully after many questions on the Zone I think we are finally getting an idea of how to reset the mirrors to the right angle and then we can set the beam. So hopefully by the end of the week it will be working and we'll be able to make some money out of it.

Thanks Dom:

Dominic

are you still having trouble with the unit?

i dont have much experience with the unit you have but i have a tendency to see and be able to fix problems that a lot of people miss

i am on Brisbane south side (acacia ridge) and willing to take a look at it and help if i can if its not to far from me just shoot me a message