585,996 active members*
3,850 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > trouble with chamfers in master cam x4

trouble with chamfers in master cam x4

I am haveing trouble putting a 45 degree chamfer edge on a outside perimeter of a part it is a large bevel and i can do it with a 90 degree tool but i would prefer to use a chamfering tool that is 45 degrees and step it out but when i select the chamfer tool it cuts the chamfer small the tool is drawn correctly. I put a 45 degree line in my 2d drawing and did a backplot and then i put a negative value in the cut paramers to make it come out but is there an easier way ?

You know you can draw up your own chamfer tool and save it to your tool library?
    The tutorials will show you how to draw it up and save it. Since it's designed around the actual tool, you can then specify the minor and major diameters and the angle, so when you pull up the chamfer option, everything falls into place.

i am using auto profile in the tool definitions and i have entered the right data. The problem is after I select an entity to start a bevel it stays away from where the bevel ought to be ? I snap a 45 degree line where I can see it in the front view and then in my cut parameters i kept putting a minus value until the tool in backplot line up with that line but there has to be a better way.

Try this:
    Attached Files Attached Files

I like how you made it a skin and then used the chamfer tool it is probable the most acurate way of doing it i was doing it without surface by drawing the radius that the bevel started and then using a chamfer tool and 2d and puttting a 45 degree wall and then going by depth