5,347 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Surfcam 6

Page 1 of 4 123

Surfcam 6

SURFCAM 6 to Showcase at SolidWorks World 2012

Updated interface??????? Can we hope?

Sounds like they got the message. Better late than never I guess. They say sells are up but I don’t know how they can possibly sell this product in the state that it currently is in. We’ll have to wait and see how much has really changed. I’m hoping for a customizable interface to fit each user’s needs.

“New Tools and Material Database Engine”
    I’m really wondering what they have done here. Some of the speeds and feeds are a little out of whack with reality. One thing I’d like to see is feeds/speeds calculated in a way they don’t exceed the maximum RPM of the spindle(s) your working with. This is a real PIA if the tool isn’t saved for that particular type of operation. For example, If your cutting soft materials with carbide tooling on a machine with a max RPM of 8,000 all the time you would have to save every tool in the library for each type of operation. Otherwise you’re constantly changing speeds/feeds in the operation manager.

Definitely like this one:
    Updated CAD translators to latest CAD systems
    (plus RHINO CAD translator now included) <<<Yee-haw!
    And yes, updated interface... Well, almost anything will be an improvement at this point..

--ch

“Surfware, Inc., developer of SURFCAM® CAD/CAM systems, will be demonstrating the upcoming release of its flagship product, SURFCAM 6, at the SolidWorks World 2012 exhibition to be held in San Diego, CA at the San Diego Convention Center from February 12 - 15, 2012 in booth #224.”

I’m wondering if anyone would like to comment on what they may have seen in V6 now that the cover of secrecy was supposed to have been removed at this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Excelmachine View Post
    SURFCAM 6 to Showcase at SolidWorks World 2012

Updated interface??????? Can we hope?

I hope so

The newsletter this month is coming, maybe next week!

Well, just received the newsletter and no details about what’s in Surfcam 6. I ‘m planning to visit Westec next month so unless they have some kind of announcement beforehand I’ll have to wait.

Here is the newsletter

Newsletter

"The SURFCAM 6 Beta (English) release is planned for this month."

In Facebook

So it’s not even in beta yet? Great, now we won’t see a released version until mid to late summer given their track record.

Smile

Users who have sms active and accepting the contract of beta testers will receive later this month to test the beta version.

Surfcam 6 Beta

Still waiting on the beta. I will Post once I get a definitive Beta Release Date. But from what I have seen and heard it sounds like everyone is going to be happy!

I know surfcam will be including customers on this beta so If you are interested contact your local Surfcam Dealer

Cheers,

Mike

Is this picture the new Surfcam 6?

http://www.surfware.com/surf_pdf/SUR...obra_Flyer.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by forjaco View Post
    I hate to be sarcastic, but, wooohoooo, they changed the colors of the icons! I hope there is more to the updated UI than that.

Is comming

"SURFCAM:SURFCAM is demonstrating a 1965 Cobra Replica by Kirkham Motorsports that is "Made in SURFCAM" this year at Westec 2012. The beta version of "SURFCAM 6" is planned to be released within the week."

In Facebook

I hope not... It would mean that they haven't changed the interface at all, except maybe the icon colors But it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

--ch

I was at Westec Tuesday and had a peek at V6. I meant to go back after I walked thru the rest of the show but time ran out for me. From what I saw there wasn’t much change other than different ICONs and the interface wasn’t going to be customizable in this version. The main thing they promoted was that it was going to be 64 bit. That probably won’t mean much unless you have very large files. The Shelby Cobra replica was a big draw but the Mastercam display had the big crowds second only to Haas machine.

You are correct

That is indeed V6 I am expecting to receive the beta in a few days here, Is anybody else from here in the beta testing group?

I am

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcam_dealer View Post
    That is indeed V6 I am expecting to receive the beta in a few days here, Is anybody else from here in the beta testing group?
    I am

Page 1 of 4 123