585,715 active members*
4,409 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 5T controller/ Wasino Lathe

Fanuc 5T controller/ Wasino Lathe

Guys , Posted several years ago about this machine and have given up on trying to find its problem. It is an old (1979) Wasino Gangster lathe with 5T control. I purchased it and had it delivered by gent I purchased it from. After hooking up and powering up I got the old batt alarm, replaced both batt packs and same batt alarms came on on power up along with other faults. Have gone through all problems I have read about and wiggled giggled and poked till my hearts content. My question is I am considering ripping 5T off and doing a DIY retro so I can use this machine for a group of programs.
    Can I use servo motors and gear on machine or should I pull oem equip and start over with stepper motors?
    Like always budget is tight but I need to get machine up to continue my business and new lathe is out of question.
    Fritz, any thoughts? Kill 5T and go PC based control?

0T is probably the way to go.
    read this thread for more info
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/...uild_cost.html

Thanks for reply, have a Tsugami with 0TC control on it and it works well for the parts I do. Had a service tech look at Wasino and he said about 10,000 for retrofit. I only paid 1800 for the Tsugami ready to run so spending 10,000 on the wasino doesnt make sense to me. Willing to put to around 3000 in the lathe to make it run limited programs and or keep my eyes open for another used lathe like the Tsugami. Will chop off control panel on the gangster to free up space on the floor so if anyone needs parts from 5T let me know.