585,597 active members*
3,282 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > need full CNC kit for ZX-45

Question need full CNC kit for ZX-45

Folks,

I need a complete bolt-on CNC kit for Wttool ZX-45 model. I can't seem to find it on the web, I thought the RF-45 clones were popular machines. I am okay with using the existing ACME screws (in fact, I prefer not to mess with screw alignment). I just want to buy the motor mounts (preferably pulley type for the z-axis using the crank-handle or something like that), and any other mechanical parts.

Thanks

There are many conversions to be found on the zone but to my knowledge no conversion kits are yet available for the 45 class machines.

Too many variations in the numerous models I think for any kind of standard kit. I've never seen anything like what you can find for the X3/X2/Sherline machines for the various 45's.
    CNC: Making incorrect parts and breaking stuff, faster and with greater precision.

Where can I find complete plans then? Don't really want to make the parts myself, but can do.

Thanks

Unhappy

anybody??

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm pretty sure the best you can do is read the numerous threads here and elsewhere on the subject and decide for yourself the best approach to take. Nobody is going to do it for you...
    Chasing tenths is hard...

I understand what you are saying, and I have read most of the threads here. However, none of the threads have any drawings posted as far as I can tell. Since people already have gone through the design process, maybe they might want to share those designs?

Quote Originally Posted by 1HobbyMachinist View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm pretty sure the best you can do is read the numerous threads here and elsewhere on the subject and decide for yourself the best approach to take. Nobody is going to do it for you...

Share what, rf45's come in many variants so unless someone has done the same mill as you, you're on your own. maybe should have stayed with the 0704.
    walt

The table X and Y are all almost the same on the RF45's I have seen. The difference is weather the Z screw is held from the top or bottom

The tables come in many lengths but all you need is a tape measure.

Just make the brackets yourself. If you Are keeping the acme screws it should be fairly simple.

My PM45 was different than the other RF-45's I've seen. I had to do things that guys with ZX-45's didn't. Every machine is different.

These guys claim a RF45 kit:

CNC Conversion Kits from MicroKinetics

Most guys with this size machine are the type that want to build everything themselves.
    PM-45 CNC conversion built/run/sold.

It's kind of a pity nobody builds a kit. It wouldn't be that hard even though machine dimensions vary. A nice set of "universal" motor mounts with belt reduction similar to what's on my IH conversion would fit any RF-45.

The motor mounts are just positioned with a transfer punch to the machine.

The biggest difference between machines would potentially be the length of the ballscrews, but there again, one could provide instructions for how to measure and then cut the screws to length for each kit.

Having access to a kit like that could save someone a lot of time and fabrication in terms of getting a machine finished.

Cheers,

BW
    Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
    http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

A belt drive kit would be nice too...
    Chasing tenths is hard...