584,830 active members*
5,897 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Need help with a Boxford Duet Lathe/Mill
Page 3 of 3 123
    You are way ahead of me there. I am comfortable around 440v 3phase electricity but electronics are not my strength. Just knowing that the spindle is 100vdc puts me ahead of where I was. I have a 12vdc and 24 vdc power supply so that just leaves me with the PWM board. Even a diagram that you may have scribbled on a napkin would be a help.

Thanks for all the time you have put into this project. I actually got mine out this past weekend and put it up on the bench again and started taking the covers off so I could compare it to the pictures you have posted.

PWM thingie

Controller sent me the manuals which have the circuit diagrams in. send your address to me at binraker[at]engineeringscotland[dot]com and I will forward them to you. In the mean time i have attached the diagram as seen in the manual. It is a bit convoluted but basically there is an astable 555 (half of a 556 to be pedantic) which triggers a monostable 555 which will stay on for a length of time determined by the voltage at the threshold input which is where you shove the 0-10V signal to set the speed. There is then some current feed back to ensure you don't frazzle anything but I'm not convinced it is required for a machine this small.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PWM.JPG  

Boxford to Bobcad/cam

Has anyone seen a post-processor made for Bobcad to talk with Boxford equipment?

Does anyone have the G-codes related to the Boxford Machines?

I have working systems (lathe, mill, Duet) to include the computer, software, and cabling.

But I want to use Bobcad/cam software for generating the g-code. Anyone with any information?

James Dunn(nuts)

Hi txcowdog

Sales & service for Boxford in the USA is Andrew Manus Ph 704 855 1970
    www.manus.biz
    Mactec54

Hi Mactec,

Thanks for the heads up for Manus.biz I will check with them to see about the possibilities of upgrading the machines I have.

info for boxford 300vmc

Quote Originally Posted by binraker View Post
    Mach 3 just crashes the win2k machine and now I am getting annoyed.

There for, throwing all concept of sanity to the four winds of the wilderness, I have started writing new software in VB, built a new processor board, started outlining the functions of the firmware, written a new protocol for serial communication with the machine and finally thinking about the creation of a new language to replace the, hideously entropically inefficient, G-code.

Watch this space....

P
    binraker:
    do you have some information regarding Foxford machine 300 vmc?
    I really apprecciate any help.

sorry i haven't got any info on other machines.

if anyone is wondering how i am getting on whit the whole new software thing, I kinda got fed up of all the different ways of doing things in VB so the project got shelved and hasn't moved on much. various other projects have gotten in the way but its not totally dead. One day it will be finished.

machining materials

Hi
    Old thread this, but nevertheless interesting.
    I am thinking of buying a Duet but my main concern is if it is capable to machine aluminum with satisfying results and how about steel?
    Perhaps you could share your experiences with this machine?

Thanks

P.-

Hi. I need the manuals for the boxford duet.
    Does anybody still have them?
    Thanks

The manuals for the Duet Mk1 is available on the Yahoo discussion forum for Boxford cnc:

BoxfordCNC : Boxford CNC

Software

Does anybody know which version of Boxford software the Duet Mk2 will run on, and if you can get hold of the software from anywhere?

Re: Power supply

I just picked up a really clean Boxford Duet MK2. Unfortunately It did not come with the Boxford software or user manuals. Has anyone been able to convert the MK2 to work with Mach3? Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Regards,
    Josh in Florida

Re: Need help with a Boxford Duet Lathe/Mill

Hi there. I know this thread is pretty old but I will try to ask. Is anyone can let me know the model of the Duet spindle motor. Recently I bought one without motor. I did a lot of research for it with no luck. I found only couple of pictures showing fraction of the motor label. Any help will be much appreciated.

Re: Power supply

I have experienced on this recover, If you have old PC ( Death PC with boxford software ) I can help you. to restore to new PC.

Quote Originally Posted by txcowdog View Post
    https://hobarts.com/[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by JaneRyan; 06-17-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Re: Need help with a Boxford Duet Lathe/Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Nickgt View Post
    Hi there. I know this thread is pretty old but I will try to ask. Is anyone can let me know the model of the Duet spindle motor. Recently I bought one without motor. I did a lot of research for it with no luck. I found only couple of pictures showing fraction of the motor label. Any help will be much appreciated.

fracmo 451-50-103

100v dc

does anyone have a manual for this? i'm trying to get my mk1 working.

Page 3 of 3 123