585,978 active members*
4,345 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Need to learn mastercam quickly $$$$

Need to learn mastercam quickly $$$$

I have spent many many hours using tutorials for mastercam from various sources but I still have a thousand questions. Anybody in or near southern alabama who would be willing to tutor me for a day or two? I am more than willing to pay good money. PM if you are interested. I would really like to do it over a weekend.

Learn it over the weekend? Why not!lol(nuts)

Get in touch with your reseller. They should have given you a few classes when you bought the software...

At the very least someone there may be willing to tutor you off hours.

You should have a firm grasp though if you've spent many many (2 many?) hours with it.
    Tim

I have spent prob 40 hours watching tutorial videos, reading books etc and I certainly do have a basic grasp of mastercam. However, the devil is in the details. With the tutorials there is no one to ask questions when you dont get quite the expected result. I never for a moment thought i could learn all of mastercam in a weekend but i definitely feel that a few hours with an expert would clear up alot of small confusions and help me continue to improve. Im by no means an expert clearly but I definitely didnt just turn it on today and decide to start machining parts.

So I take it your boss just threw mastercam at you and said "go write some programs" and nobody else there knows it...lol. Sounds fun!

Did he just buy the software? If so, like I said before, you get a few free classes with it and you may be able to take advantage of the training that way...

or call the local reseller and see if they have someone willing to help you out (if nobody here is willing or nearby). I know that some of the guys from my old reseller would do contract work on the side.
    Tim

Shoot.....got a 72hr program starting in a few weeks.... but in So. CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprew View Post
    Shoot.....got a 72hr program starting in a few weeks.... but in So. CA.
    oh ya what school is that? I just finished one today.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Dang! I'm in the North Alabama. Don't currently have the extra time to travel either.

Hello im in so cal and would be interested in taking this class were in so cal is it and what is the cost

Shammy, he is the Anaheim area and I teach in the Santa Clarita area. were are you?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Smile in house solutions

In house solutions has books on all mastercam functions and tutorials and peter smid books were essential for me when learning how to program i find when i have a problem that a tutorial does not cover it is best to post a reply here on a case by case basis and Wally that is exactly what happened to me our programmer quit and they came to me and said you are the new programmer i was lucky though i had programmed before with bobcad and i find mastercam is a breeze in comparison

Books are great, and NOTHING is likely to beat a face to face class, but if the class isn't available in your area or you don't have time check out eapprentice.net. I paid $25 IIRC for a month and watched all their videos and it was enough to go from "scared of the 8 million buttons" on the UI, to easily programing multi sided parts with multiple offsets, fixtures, and some nesting. We do primarily 2.5D, but they have 3D also. If we get a job we bid on for a pneumatics company I'm likely to really need to brush up on the 3d soon.

Also I just started their "class", but haven't done much with it yet as I've been to busy so I can't give any feed back. It does give you access to their instructors via web chat or email which is nice for those stupid questions one doesn't want to ask in public

I just checked out the web site priddyshiddy talked about i am getting membership today very helpful and and at a very reasonable price 25 bucks a month

Face to face training

Thanks priddy for the compliments, we appreciate it, and thanks dcutler for signing up.

We receive a lot of new subscribers from CNC Zone, and so in the spirit of giving back, we will provide a face to face online training session for CNC Zone members only, and its FREE!

Saturday February 25th we will be online at 5:00 PM U.S. Pacific time to answer your questions.

This will be a beginning Mastercam class only (we will schedule more advanced classes later)

The first 20 people to send me an email are in the class 5:00 PM until we're finished

email Derek

Mastercam Training Online

I am in lake elsinore and would like to find out about his classes anaheim is not to for from me Thanks for the reply

Just do heaps of cad with it after hours, it's not the most powerful cad around, but constantly using it keeps you fluent.

The tool paths come naturally once you acclimatize.

Shammy - Night class starting on the 27th in Anaheim. Might be a bit of a hike but the traffic is going the other way. Let me know if I can help.

There are always on line MasterCam | MasterCam Tutorial Training | SolidWorks Tutorial | SolidWorks | Cad Cam class's that are live so you can ask questions during.
    Cadcam

imo there is alot about mastercam that you cant learn by reading or listening.. you learn it by doing it so over a weekend.. dont count on it.