585,996 active members*
3,850 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > Need help with Star SR20 R Problem

Need help with Star SR20 R Problem

Just bought a secondhand STAR SR20R from an end user and had it installed and all was fine for a week or so but then the sub spindle failed to eject a part ,M27 was programed in after collet open and the ejector was set spot on ,the alarm didnt trigger or stop the machine ? The engineer that installed the machine has spent quite a while on the phone with me checking diagnostics and the ladder diagram but all is working fine ,all switches seem to be working but I got a new proximity switch and fitted it but that hasnt fixed it ,I spoke to star uk and they tried a few ideas but nothing has fixed it ,I have spoken to the Guy I bought it from and he has assured me it was working ,I trust him so Im sure its only just stopped working .I keep thinking its something we have done or not done but everything says it should stop the machine but its not ,aircut is off so is long parts support both of which would cause it to fail Star are sugesting a visit but Im trying to keep costs down a bit as its been an expensive month ........any ideas lads
    Mick

you could also try when ejecting having your high pressure and air come on to ensure ejection

ejector

in the meantime, you can rig up a small vaccuum. when i started working where im at now, the ejector servo was out. we hooked up a vaccuum from home depot. rewired the cord to a flexible sensor switch, kind of like a bendable antenna,..so when the sub side would come over to drop off, the back side would trigger the switch to turn on the vaccuum and suck the part out of the sub collet. only works with small length parts.

Hello, new to this site and new to programing. So I need some help. The machine is a SR-20J and I been trying figure out how to program a G118 with a .187 E-mill, the part profiles a (roughly) R.500 ? ( side mill ) We can get the program to work but can not get the rad we need.

r u in the correct plane selection? x-z, y-z,.....G17, g18, or G19...that will make a difference

Hey thanks elsanch kinda felt my way through it with the soop, yea we used G118 for the live tooling!!! ( X-Z plane )