585,719 active members*
4,054 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Laser cutting service? (For aluminium card the size of a business card)

Laser cutting service? (For aluminium card the size of a business card)

Hello all,

I lost my membership card to a club a few weeks ago. Sadly they no longer offer the type of membership I had, and I would have to pay 550$ again to get one made, and even then there would be up to a 6 month wait.

I've been trying to figure out how I can replicate it instead, since my old card as it come with a ID number that is matched with my picture on their computer, it would just have to look as close to the original as possible without having to be an exact match.

It's a 7,9cmX4,9cm about the thickness of a creditcard. It's painted black with a few lines of text showing the aluminium blow and a logo cut out in the center. I have a few high-res pictures of the same card (but not my ID number)

How would I go about doing this? Should I make a blueprint, if so, in what program, where can I send the blueprint for printing, where can I get the whole thing painted with text showing through?

Would my budget of 100$ be enough to recreate the card?

Thanks in advance

Cermark or Thermark?

best wishes

Dave