585,996 active members*
4,559 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Sending code to the Fadal CNC errors?

Hi all

Hope I have this in the correct forum..

Were very new to CNC machining, we have a Fadal 4020 & using MS Hyperterminal to try & send post processing code made with Catia, however were getting the Noobie Blues.

Were able to PU & TA text back & forth between through the hyperterminal, the problem arises when we try to send a program we created in Catia generating with fadal.lib extension to the machine, it only feeds one (1) line at a time (each time we give it the TA command it sends another line) looks like the end of line function is wacky.

Is the MS Hyperterminal a waste of time?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Tim

I think Hyperterminal must be lacking the proper functionality for high speed communications, but I don't know why. There are many many other DNC utilities out there that will do the job properly. I started out using a simple program called Shadcomm (from the Millwrite engraving people), but now that I have OneCNC, I use their utility.

I think OneCNC had a free to try DNC utility somewhere, with a nag screen , but I cannot find the link to it at the moment. You could contact the Florida office maybe they'll have a link for you.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thank you Sir

I did manage to locate the download, will give it a try

Thanks again,

Tim