584,865 active members*
4,881 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > Steam and Stirling Engines > Stirling engine pressurized and water-cooled

Stirling engine pressurized and water-cooled

Hello,

This is my new engine based on one I have built last year. I have modify it to make it pressurized and water-cooled.

Here is a video of the first tests and assembly.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTJvUXD8_h8&list=UUbRpiLu8jujmNDsPg1eqOlw& index=1&feature=plcp]Moteur Stirling alpha préssurisé refroidi par eau - YouTube[/ame]

moteur pressuris

moteur pressuris

moteur pressuris

Bye

TRES BIEN!!!!

Bonjour Chris,
    It looks and sounds very nice. I am hoping to build something like that when I have the time.

Mike

P.S. Haven't used high school French in a few decades. LOL
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Hello Mike,

Thank yous. Yes you're right, I should have put a version in English.
    It will be done on the next video.

It turn well, but not as well I want. It is hard to find the good settings. I have to make a regenerator and I hope it will increase the performance.

bye

Chris

Hi Chris

That is a masterpiece, I hope to be able to build a project that works let alone one of such perfection. You are too modest.

Well Done

Colin

Hello Chris, I would like to make a Stirling Engine large enough to turn a generator. By pressurizing and liquid cooling did you notice a big difference in efficiency? Do you have a site you would recommend for someone to buy plans for Stirling and Steam Engines? Thank You

That engine is a thing of beauty Chris! Very well done mate. I love Stirling engines, and when time permits I'll be having a go myself, especially as the kids will be enthralled by it. Is this your own design or one of the classic ones?

Also, do the tolerances need to be extremely tight, or is there a little room for minute innacuracy with these engines?

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!