I have been dabbling with Meshcam to mill quasi complex DEMs and I love how easy the software is to use. Yet I see things that could be potentially improved although I'm very happy with the software so far.

For instance I have the cutter retract .02 inches above the work, but that's above the highest point it's milled not relative to what it's already cut. Having a relative travel would decrease the time needed to rapid from point to point.

Secondarily when I blend parallel passes with waterline finishing I can with incorrect(close but not close enough) settings get a ton of "patches" of parallel finishing that take more time to rapid to then to actually mill when waterline would have easily sufficed. Potentially Meshcam could calculate how many "Islands" of milling it needs to do for parallel operations. The software then could remove the ones that are below a dynamically adjustable size threshold or the user can select the ones that are not wanted.
There would obviously be more implications with that change but perhaps it could be eventually addressed.

I see the software as easy enough, a few dashes more of control and automation(more tools/settings) would be nice.